Space Hulk > General Discussions > Topic Details
Zuggi  [developer] Jan 22 @ 5:15am
Short term roadmap 2014
2013 is now a blast from the past, and we shipped a lot of cool updates. Alas we didn't make everything we wanted yet, so here is a little roadmap update of whats ahead.

Please note that the list just represents our overall plans and can change along the way

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Within the next month we are going to ship
- Linux version
(32 bit first and then 64 bit later. Awaiting 3rd party plugin provider to update their plugin)

- The might Space Wolves chapter with Fangs of Fenris campaign
The Sons of Russ will be different to play than their Blood Angels brothers, as they are more close combat oriented. You will be able to use the Space Wolves across all campaigns.

Past that we have (in a non-committed order)
- Coop functionality
Play with and against friends or AI controlling a squad each. Free update

- Biomorphs
Genestealers with a twist. Wont say much more at this point :-)

- A couple of campaign DLC
Exploring both coop and other features we are working on like the biomorphs

- Another Space Marine chapter is in the works
To be announced once we are a few steps further creating them. They will be more ranged and have organizational bonuses as well as combi weapons. Depending on sales of these new chapters, we will then decide if we make another one past this and the Space Wolves.

- Editor support
Still committed to this one. There are some hurdles to be ironed out still especially on the legal front, but we firmly believe that user created content will be a very positive thing for the game and community.
Last edited by Zuggi; Jan 23 @ 4:36am
Showing 1-15 of 242 comments
< >
Sifer2 Jan 22 @ 5:47am 
Is the other chapter Dark Angels?

Looking forward to the co-op mode. But by against do you mean that the genestealers can be controlled by players after all? So it ends up being 3v1?
Last edited by Sifer2; Jan 22 @ 5:49am
Zuggi  [developer] Jan 22 @ 5:53am 
We'll reveal the chapter once it's ready and yeah that's what we're aiming for.
tobiasz Jan 22 @ 5:56am 
what is this small update which i download??
Zuggi  [developer] Jan 22 @ 6:00am 
Originally posted by tobiasz:
what is this small update which i download??

Eh..that depends

We recently added the a small file that fixes the issues people have been having with DLC not showing up as purchased, Achievements not regeistering (+ button to open achievements ingame not working) and the shop button not working in game.

Other than we releases an optimization update 1.3.3 for ipad

..I'm guess it's the fix (should also help if you're having the same issue in outer Unity games)
datguy13 Jan 22 @ 6:02am 
Three questions for you Zuggi:

1) Do you have a suggested retail price on the Space Wolves dlc yet?

2) Are you guys planning to work with Steam Workshop when you do finally release the Editor?

3) Is there a possibility that we could be getting the Biomorphs as a free update as opposed to paid DLC? I think it would be a good idea given how few strategic tools the current vanilla Genestealer player has at the moment, compared to what the Space Marine players have now, and will expand upon, once Space Wolf Marines are available as well.
tobiasz Jan 22 @ 6:02am 
ah thanks for info;)i dont saw any change log so i asked.
Zuggi  [developer] Jan 22 @ 6:09am 
Originally posted by datguy13:
Three questions for you Zuggi:

1) Do you have a suggested retail price on the Space Wolves dlc yet?

2) Are you guys planning to work with Steam Workshop when you do finally release the Editor?

3) Is there a possibility that we could be getting the Biomorphs as a free update as opposed to paid DLC? I think it would be a good idea given how few strategic tools the current vanilla Genestealer player has at the moment, compared to what the Space Marine players have now, and will expand upon, once Space Wolf Marines are available as well.

1) Don't think it's final but expect the same as the other DLC's

2) We'd like to, just don't know if it will be possible or not (legal stuff)

3) I'm not sure how we'll do it yet, but I'm thinking they will be introduced with other DLC campaigns. Much like the Bulkheaddoors from SoH and Air Ducts from DoH.
datguy13 Jan 22 @ 6:25am 
Thanks for the answers. If I might make a couple of suggestions now?

1) I think that if the Fangs of Fenris are the same $5US list price as the two campaign DLCs, that'll make a lot of people happy. Many would definitely feel that they got their money's worth, and it'll make folks more receptive to future DLCs as well.

2) There seems to be a pattern concerning the Editor. Games Workshop must be living up to their reputation. ;) Workshop, from what I've seen can be a b*tch to work with for developers who are inexperienced with it (just look Relic Entertainment's current CoH2 map issues with it for an example of that), but a very significant number of Steam subscribers like it and trust it, so in my humble opinion, it would be within Full Control's best interest to try to find a way to work with it. It'll be yet one more solid drawing quality for the game.

3) I highly encourage trying to design the biomorph mechanics in a similar distribution fashion to how you want to work the Space Wolves-- that is, a mechanic that can be selected by the Genestealer player in a multiplayer game for any map. It'll be yet another drawing quality, and can possibly lend some variations to Genestealer play that will make them more attractive to fence-sitters who only play Space Marines right now.

Over all though, the roadmap is encouraging and I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to Full Control's continued success. One last request- tell Sliverleech he needs to stop slacking and come troll the boards more instead of making you do all the dirty work. =p
Last edited by datguy13; Jan 22 @ 6:26am
Zuggi  [developer] Jan 22 @ 6:30am 
Hehe, fair suggestions :)

Sliverleech have been out travelling most of January and just got back from Steam Dev Days, But I can poke the "Troll" now at least ^^
Kundaks Jan 22 @ 6:32am 
Well, as long as you guys don´t forget to also include the other things you were having for the past Roadmap ´13 as well.
And regarding Tyranid Biomorphs: Yes, bring on the Hormagaunts, Termagants, Ripperswarms, Tyranid Warriors/Raveners, Zoanthrope, Lictor, Deathleaper, And if you Developers feel like introducing them, throw in the Tyranid Carnifex, Tyranid Trygon/Mawloc and even a Hive Tyrant/Swarm Lord.

And another Chapter: Grey Knights to kick some real Tyranid butt.

And all the other things I have suggested in these forums please.
Zuggi  [developer] Jan 22 @ 6:42am 
Originally posted by Kundaks:
Well, as long as you guys don´t forget to also include the other things you were having for the past Roadmap ´13 as well.
And regarding Tyranid Biomorphs: Yes, bring on the Hormagaunts, Termagants, Ripperswarms, Tyranid Warriors/Raveners, Zoanthrope, Lictor, Deathleaper, And if you Developers feel like introducing them, throw in the Tyranid Carnifex, Tyranid Trygon/Mawloc and even a Hive Tyrant/Swarm Lord.

And another Chapter: Grey Knights to kick some real Tyranid butt.

And all the other things I have suggested in these forums please.

- It's not certain everything gets in there and even if it's not on the list it's not forgotten. Trying to do as much as we can with the assets that we have.

- We all have our favourites :)

- I have 200 pages of suggestions, will see what I can do
Mikolaj Jan 22 @ 6:43am 
A lot of great conent! But are there any plans to add more customization of single player difficulty settings? There is room for a lot of simple but nice options (like more blips, no sustained fire etc)
Zuggi  [developer] Jan 22 @ 6:53am 
Originally posted by Mikolaj:
A lot of great conent! But are there any plans to add more customization of single player difficulty settings? There is room for a lot of simple but nice options (like more blips, no sustained fire etc)

Not planned at this point no, but some rule changes will probably make it harder
Gwion Jan 22 @ 7:48am 
From what I understood the SH licence only let you feature genestealers variants, but not the other tyranids units? (GS only are fine for me ;)
datguy13 Jan 22 @ 9:32am 
Originally posted by ;558746017955718332:
WTF?!, no squad customization?

Yell at Games Workshop, not Full Control. They're probably the "legal issues' that keep being mentioned concerning the slow release of all the customization features that are in the works.
Showing 1-15 of 242 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50