NVIDIA PHYSX INSTALLING ON EVERY LAUNCH
- Uninstall NVIDIA PhysX, run a registry cleaner, and then let the installer run
- Delete the installscript.vdf file in Payday's install directory. Note that verifying your install files will replace the file and it will need deleted again.
CAN'T CONNECT TO OTHERS/FREQUENT DISCONNECTS
Assuming the problem isn't a problem with your network
, you need to change your Steam download server location. To do this, open steam, open settings, select the downloads + cloud tab, and select a new server from under the download region section. The server needs to be DIFFERENT, not closer. Restart Steam and then try connecting to someone again. You may need to try multiple servers.
If that doesn't work, then contact Overkill Software (the developers) at email@example.com.
If they give you a fix then please let me know what it is.
NO STEAM OVERLAY
Go to appdata\local\payday and open renderer_settings.xml. UInder renderer_config, change the refresh_rate line to "refresh_rate = "60"" without the outer quotes. Use 120 in the unlikely event that it's supported.
If you can't find appdata, open the run prompt (windows key + r) and paste this: "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Payday\renderer_settings.xml"
If that doesn't work
- Download and install ATI Tray Tools.
- Open ATI Tray Tools and go to Refresh Lock > Customize.
- Select your resolution and match the refresh rate to your monitor's refresh rate. This can be found by right-clicking your desktop, locating your display properties and selecting the Monitor tab. Add the new entry to the setting list and click Enable Refresh Lock.
- Delete clientregistry.blob from Steam's install directory
- Restart Steam
- Verify game files
- Follow the steps listed under general
- Disable Vsync
- Play in windowed mode (Note: You can turn Payday into a borderless window using this.)
- Lower your resolution