Joe Danger 2: The Movie Update!
Hello from Hello Games!
It means a lot to us to finally see Joe on Steam and for so many lovely people to be enjoying it. We’re a small team, and the support is everything for us. Of course though, over the last week since release we’ve been working super hard on a patch – which has just been released.
It fixes lots of issues, some big and some really small. The main ones that have been posted on the Steam forums are:
- Missing achievements. The next time you finish a level the achievements that didn't unlock will automatically unlock. This affected the most people, and is all fixed now!
- We fixed the author names not appearing on shared levels. This actually took a while to track down – but is all sorted :)
- Some Dev picks on Joe Danger 1 contained levels that were not in fact picked! Hopefully now you’ll see only the best of the best levels there.
- A small number of people have mailed us about a “slow-motion bug”. This is actually caused by a number of different issues. We have fixed 3 separate problems in this latest update. Two of these are graphics card related, and one was a rare Joe Danger code bug. Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you continue to experience it, as there may be other causes. We're super keen to make sure this is properly squashed :)
There are two other issues reported by a handful of people, that we are still investigating, but now have a work around:
- If you are seeing the game crash either on the "Press any button to start" screen, or at the end of a tour, please reinstall the latest DivX codec. This is caused by a corrupt codec install.
- A few people have reported a crash in the launcher, that meant they couldn’t boot the game. We are working to get a reproducible – but it is very rare. However, if you have suffered from this you can *now* bypass the launcher with the command line 'silent'. (Right click on the game in your library, go to properties, then click 'Set Launch Options' on the 'General' tab). Type 'silent' in here. You can still set options in the launcher then quit out to save the changes.
Any other issues reported we are still working on. Posting here is useful, but please do mail email@example.com as well (so that we can try to find fixes asap).
Apart from bug fixes, one nice update that we're also really pleased to confirm, is that we're adding Steam Trading Cards to both Joe Danger and Joe Danger 2: The Movie really soon!
Founder, Hello Games