Yayınlanma: 4 Mayıs
First of all whoever coined the term "Roguelike" should be shot.
That aside, Rogue Legacy is a short 2d (I refuse to say roguelike) platformer with some twists. As probably ever other review tells you, your hero changes to your next heir when you die and the heir has the potential to be born with some positive or negative traits. You level by dying which is a strange system in itself. The castle randomly changes with every heir unless you choose to pay a fee to save your previous layout with the "Architect." Each heir retains stat and armor upgrades your previous heirs had. As your characters get stronger, so do the mobs.
- Harder than most platformers. The difficulty level was perfect for me, not rage inducing, but hard enough to be of a challenge.
- Castle layout changes and different challenges spawning kept the maps interesting.
- Well planned bosses, except the last boss was kind of easy...
- If you're used to old school platformer controls, this feels nothing like them. Slow attacking forces you to play very differently.
- Mage classes don't really feel like mage classes.
- Can't hold the d-pad down + attack like in Adventures of Link. Downward attack doesn't hold. Lasts for only a split second.
- Game balance could use some work as sometimes the scaling just felt off.