MotoGP™13 > General Discussions > Topic Details
Nhoise Jul 8, 2013 @ 4:30pm
Honest opinions here please.
I'm looking for a good Superbike game.
Now i've spent the past 30 minutes reading all these topics and watching videos about this game.
Most people were pretty negative, not only about the game but mostly about the company behind it.
I just want a few more honest opinions before i decide to buy this game or not.
I'm leaning towards a 'no' right now but i'm really looking forward playing a good Superbike game again.
So, please try to convince me hehe
Last edited by Nhoise; Jul 8, 2013 @ 4:31pm
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
revengeofnood Jul 8, 2013 @ 5:26pm 
graphics are nice.. game play is fun. i really enjoy it cuz im a borderline LARPER and this fits for me. All the issues seem to be in multiplayer, but like yatzee i dont play MP. so i would get it, cuz its definitely fun!
Nhoise Jul 8, 2013 @ 6:13pm 
Originally posted by revengeofnood:
graphics are nice.. game play is fun. i really enjoy it cuz im a borderline LARPER and this fits for me. All the issues seem to be in multiplayer, but like yatzee i dont play MP. so i would get it, cuz its definitely fun!
I've seen people who had complaints about the horrible AI, ingame lag/low fps, no career savegames etc.
I'm not really interested in the MP either but just the fact that the company released (about a month ago) a game with MP, while the MP is being completely broken, is enough for me to not want to give them my money.
A month should be enough time to have it fixed, and what about the fact that you should test these kind of things before releasing the product.
I'm afraid this is just another ♥♥♥♥ty port to cash in on PC gamers, that's why i'm holding back.
Surveyor Jul 8, 2013 @ 6:59pm 
Sorry that people are not happy with this game.
I was going to buy it.
If the developers don't fix this game I will never buy anything from them.
snu_snu Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:21pm 
It's fun for SP. If you haven't played some of the other Milestone SBK games, you probably won't miss the missing features compared to them. There is no doubt the game was released unfinished and full of bugs though. On that alone, I wouldn't support them if I had to do it again. If they fix the issues, then it's comparable to using paying customers as beta testers but I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. And if they don't fix them, then it's a shame that such a talented company would do such a crooked thing.

Having said that, the handling and helmet cam are superb, IMO, which make for a great experience and the best handling motorcycle sim I have played to date. I only use time attack and grand prix race mode (think exhibition sporting match), and for my purposes it's fine. I miss ghost in time trial so it's tougher to improve my lines, but I have resorted to studying AI lines using instant replay which isn't the same but should help against the AI. And semi-auto gear shifting doesn't automatically downshift to first gear, but being semi-auto it's as simple as downshifting yourself when you need to use first gear, or just learn to use manual shifting which is what I did. The crappy weather system is my biggest SP gripe though. There's no work around for being able to unrealistically post similar lap times in rain compared to sunny.
Last edited by snu_snu; Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:30pm
JLH Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:43pm 
there is a demo for this game, just so you know.
lyttlepete Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:59pm 
Download the demo and enjoy SP and practice. When they've fixed the problems open up your wallet.
mscullen Jul 9, 2013 @ 3:33am 
I've clocked 66 hours in this game now. It is riddled with bugs but I love it. If you're a fan of the real world racing series this is a must buy. The demo didn't really do it for me because a three lap sprint race doesn't give you much time to experience the game.

I completed a season of Moto3 with full weekend (practice, qualifying, warm up, race) and 100% race distances and it was thoroughly challenging. I don't think I ever once managed a pole position but I won a couple of races and scored seven podiums. Like the real world, there were tracks that suited my riding style and I also had my off days. That all helped to immerse me in the world of grand prix racing.

The AI isn't brilliant but you learn to ride around them. I still get knocked off at least once per race but I'm getting better at avoiding it. I've completed one Moto2 race and they seemed to ride better on the faster bikes - had some great battles in both classes.

There are some basic set up options that you can adjust eg: suspension, frame geometry, gearing ratios but without any telemetry it's difficult to know what to change. You have a mechanic in your garage that can make a few suggestions but it's quite limited.

Of all the bugs in this game the only two potential deal breakers would be the current lack of multiplayer and the career save issue that a few people have reported.

Everything else you learn to work around/avoid/ignore. A few examples:

Using rewinds messes up the lap counter and you get stuck in a never ending race.

AI qualifying lap times are calculated and their on-track pace is either much faster or much slower depending on the difficulty level you're on.

Constant flickering/artifacts

Frame rate slowing down whilst cornering (I turned off anti-aliasing and it helped)

Massive screen tears

Missing sound during videos



heppsan Jul 10, 2013 @ 6:55am 
The surroundings look a little bare and sterile, not so vivid.
The sound is not great, and the rain effects are horribly bad!

Besides that, it's a good and fun motorbike game.
I really hope they will do something about the "rain effect"!!
select_21 Jul 10, 2013 @ 3:54pm 
Originally posted by Nhoise:
Originally posted by revengeofnood:
graphics are nice.. game play is fun. i really enjoy it cuz im a borderline LARPER and this fits for me. All the issues seem to be in multiplayer, but like yatzee i dont play MP. so i would get it, cuz its definitely fun!
I've seen people who had complaints about the horrible AI, ingame lag/low fps, no career savegames etc.
I'm not really interested in the MP either but just the fact that the company released (about a month ago) a game with MP, while the MP is being completely broken, is enough for me to not want to give them my money.
A month should be enough time to have it fixed, and what about the fact that you should test these kind of things before releasing the product.
I'm afraid this is just another ♥♥♥♥ty port to cash in on PC gamers, that's why i'm holding back.

AI can be a pain, but no career? Who lied to you? There is career mode, I have a medium PC and play it at max settings. Never have had any lag whatsoever.

To the OP, I love Motogp anyways, so for me there is no alternative. I'm really enjoying it. Just passed 25 hours playtime.
Iceman Jul 10, 2013 @ 4:16pm 
Originally posted by mscullen:
I've clocked 66 hours in this game now. It is riddled with bugs but I love it. If you're a fan of the real world racing series this is a must buy. The demo didn't really do it for me because a three lap sprint race doesn't give you much time to experience the game.

I completed a season of Moto3 with full weekend (practice, qualifying, warm up, race) and 100% race distances and it was thoroughly challenging. I don't think I ever once managed a pole position but I won a couple of races and scored seven podiums. Like the real world, there were tracks that suited my riding style and I also had my off days. That all helped to immerse me in the world of grand prix racing.

The AI isn't brilliant but you learn to ride around them. I still get knocked off at least once per race but I'm getting better at avoiding it. I've completed one Moto2 race and they seemed to ride better on the faster bikes - had some great battles in both classes.

There are some basic set up options that you can adjust eg: suspension, frame geometry, gearing ratios but without any telemetry it's difficult to know what to change. You have a mechanic in your garage that can make a few suggestions but it's quite limited.

Of all the bugs in this game the only two potential deal breakers would be the current lack of multiplayer and the career save issue that a few people have reported.

Everything else you learn to work around/avoid/ignore. A few examples:

Using rewinds messes up the lap counter and you get stuck in a never ending race.

AI qualifying lap times are calculated and their on-track pace is either much faster or much slower depending on the difficulty level you're on.

Constant flickering/artifacts

Frame rate slowing down whilst cornering (I turned off anti-aliasing and it helped)

Massive screen tears

Missing sound during videos
nice post dude,thanks....
Nhoise Jul 11, 2013 @ 12:30pm 
Yeah never thought i'd get this much response, thanks guys!
o66ie Jul 11, 2013 @ 1:28pm 
yeah im getting ♥♥♥♥ed of with this game single player was almost fine a few bugs that sort of got fixed i didnt care much for multiplayer anyway so that didnt really bother me to much but now today i went to play first thing i notice was half black screen then managed to get to my career started next race and now i have lag it worked fine b4
MY ADVICE TO YOU M8 IS WAIT TILL PEOPLE START REPORTING THE DEVS ARE GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION KEEP AN EYE ON THE CHANGELOGS ETC AND ONCE ITS GOLDEN THEN BUY AND PROBABLY BY THEN IT WILL BE CHEAPER TOO

i was enjoying this game and would off recommended but now ive had enough of it
Last edited by o66ie; Jul 11, 2013 @ 1:29pm
Craporz Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:12pm 
Originally posted by o66ie:
yeah im getting ♥♥♥♥ed of with this game single player was almost fine a few bugs that sort of got fixed i didnt care much for multiplayer anyway so that didnt really bother me to much but now today i went to play first thing i notice was half black screen then managed to get to my career started next race and now i have lag it worked fine b4
MY ADVICE TO YOU M8 IS WAIT TILL PEOPLE START REPORTING THE DEVS ARE GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION KEEP AN EYE ON THE CHANGELOGS ETC AND ONCE ITS GOLDEN THEN BUY AND PROBABLY BY THEN IT WILL BE CHEAPER TOO

i was enjoying this game and would off recommended but now ive had enough of it

MY ADVICE TO YOU M8 IS

Go to Microsoft and whine about youre half black screen, instead of blame Milestone.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/240600/discussions/0/846958724652066886/
o66ie Jul 11, 2013 @ 11:41pm 
i will do this but it doesnt explain the lag i have in single player that wasnt there before and my experience with this game with its bugs and flaws has been near awfull even before this ms update

example:- to start game wouldnt launch . carrer didnt save . graphics settings wouldnt change .multiplayer didnt work .really bad screen tear . only a few things without going into to much detail

thank you for link i will remove update now
Last edited by o66ie; Jul 11, 2013 @ 11:45pm
angrybetty Jul 12, 2013 @ 3:11am 
dont buy
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50