crashbfan Jun 20 @ 10:56am
DONT BUY IT!!!
IT ISNT WORTH THE $5. ALL SUMMER SALES PEOPLE BEWARE AND JUST GET THE ORIGINAL
Showing 1-15 of 82 comments
< >
So Kawaii Mahou Shounen Jun 20 @ 11:09am 
It is worth $5 and more.
Aarrttuu Jun 20 @ 11:12am 
i cant even play it..crashes at the first loading screen
jamiemcdermott1 Jun 20 @ 11:35am 
well most people have the first one so why not get something new
It's like buying Resident Evil 1 and loving it. Then the sequel comes out. You buy it and discover it's a cute kart racing game where all the characters have big heads.

The difference between TDD and AMfP isn't quite that extreme, but for fans of the horror genre, it might as well be. AMfP is a good game and worth 5 bucks. But if you are expecting an Amnesia game, that money should go to Outlast instead.
robomagon Jun 20 @ 11:50am 
TDD is a horror game. AMfP is a horror story. Buy it if that's what you want, it's worth the $5, but be aware that you aren't buying a game.
McQuiggle Jun 20 @ 12:46pm 
Originally posted by Tyrant (My Vision is Augmented):
It's like buying Resident Evil 1 and loving it. Then the sequel comes out. You buy it and discover it's a cute kart racing game where all the characters have big heads.

The difference between TDD and AMfP isn't quite that extreme, but for fans of the horror genre, it might as well be. AMfP is a good game and worth 5 bucks. But if you are expecting an Amnesia game, that money should go to Outlast instead.

No. It's nowhere near close enough to make that analogy relevant.

And fans of the horror genre will have plenty to enjoy with this game. It's very different from Outlast in all the right ways. While Outlast just takes the chasing and hiding from Amnesia to its extremes. Pigs focuses more on surreal and subtle details in its story and environment to make the player uncomfortable in less obvious ways.

Silent Hill 2 is similar. In that it's much less direct and intense than the first game (or even the following). Yet it's widely regarded as a classic due to its unique approach - as far as games were concerned at the time.

The horror genre is broad and I'm happy the developers were brave enough to try something different in a time when let's plays based around screaming and jump scares were huge. It's a shame that no one cared. Hopefully this gets recognition after craze dies down a little.
Last edited by McQuiggle; Jun 20 @ 12:47pm
verycatchy Jun 20 @ 12:56pm 
Didn't even bother finishing this title

The gameplay itself was so poor that you couldn't even focus on the story because of all the technical problems.

Original Amnesia made by frictional games is the preferred title, this game just has amnesia in it but it's not the same and just a straight downgrade of the original one, in all aspects.

Sort of like the call of duty franchise and how it got less and less features per game, and worse directional audio and ♥♥♥♥♥ier gameplay -- that's exactly how this game is
[CZ] Budliky Jun 20 @ 3:04pm 
This game is awesome like the first was, and i can say its scary as hell too :) so go ahead and give them those 5 bucks, if you want a game with story and scary ♥♥♥♥♥, you will see how you will be ♥♥♥♥.ed up when your flashlight start flashing...
KaimArgonar Jun 20 @ 4:54pm 
Respect. Me it gon to wait for a humble bundle
thejoshknight Jun 20 @ 5:14pm 
As someone who loved the first Amnesia, I bought this on sale today. It isn't as good as the first, true. But I'm still enjoying myself, and the story seems just as unsettling, albeat less scary. It's worth the price if you enjoyed the first game.
slo Jun 20 @ 5:17pm 
It's not a game and it is not Amnesia. That's two lies right off the bat.
W0LF94N9 Jun 20 @ 5:29pm 
Originally posted by slo:
It's not a game and it is not Amnesia. That's two lies right off the bat.
To be fair, you're only half right: it's certainly not a game. Unfortunately, however, it's now part of Amnesia. It's the same as how anybody who likes Indiana Jones feels about the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull :P
Last edited by W0LF94N9; Jun 20 @ 5:30pm
Angry Video Game Noob Jun 20 @ 10:36pm 
You say so because this story make you feel more butthurt than ever :D
Sereously, this adventure-game just great.
Last edited by Angry Video Game Noob; Jun 20 @ 10:37pm
Aaz Jun 21 @ 12:51am 
Look at this, pewdickbay fans wanna see another jumpscare ♥♥♥♥♥♥ horror game, and instead get near philosophical story. And what? OHMUYGASHWHYIDIDNTSCAREDWHEREISMYSCREAMERSIDONTWANNATHINK. Go ♥♥♥♥ yourself. This game worth much more then 5 bucks. Sorry for mistakes, english is not my native language.
robomagon Jun 21 @ 1:17am 
Originally posted by Hori-hori-zon:
Look at this, pewdickbay fans wanna see another jumpscare ♥♥♥♥♥♥ horror game, and instead get near philosophical story. And what? OHMUYGASHWHYIDIDNTSCAREDWHEREISMYSCREAMERSIDONTWANNATHINK. Go ♥♥♥♥ yourself. This game worth much more then 5 bucks. Sorry for mistakes, english is not my native language.
No, people wanted a game and got a story. Maybe it would have scored higher from users if they had just made it a low budget movie instead.
Showing 1-15 of 82 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50