Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

WaffleShark :D May 28, 2014 @ 7:41pm
thanks for the reviews
i was considering buying this game until i looked at the reviews. almost every single review is negative and how bad it is. i hope your right cause im not getting this
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Smokey May 28, 2014 @ 11:34pm 
trust me you will not miss out anything & you made a good decision
only blind fanboys say otherwise
Trismich May 29, 2014 @ 12:21am 
Originally posted by Eventyr:
trust me you will not miss out anything & you made a good decision
only blind fanboys say otherwise

Completely disagree, if you are going to put the game down at least be constructive with it....
No, AMFP isn't as good as the Dark Descent, it changed a lot and for the most part removed the fear. However, it's still a good game in it's own right. The story is pretty good, although not overly original and the atmosphere is pretty impressive.

If you are into horror games then maybe pick it up cheap when it's on sale or something, because after all, it's still better than most games that label themselves 'horror'.....
Flower nose May 29, 2014 @ 1:06am 
My fanboyism cost me my money =<.I did like the removal of the limited light and no items though
ZarkingFardwarks May 29, 2014 @ 2:58am 
Originally posted by Shark:
i was considering buying this game until i looked at the reviews. almost every single review is negative and how bad it is. i hope your right cause im not getting this

The reviews are negative because this game is "different" from its predecessor. People don't like change. It's a good game.
Smokey May 29, 2014 @ 6:31am 
Originally posted by Paul31286:
Originally posted by Shark:
i was considering buying this game until i looked at the reviews. almost every single review is negative and how bad it is. i hope your right cause im not getting this

The reviews are negative because this game is "different" from its predecessor. People don't like change. It's a good game.

some of us hate both of the games ;)
(same as 1 in this forum said Alan Wake was a good game wtf are they on crack?)
ZarkingFardwarks May 29, 2014 @ 6:33am 
Alan Wake IS a good game.
Skexer May 29, 2014 @ 8:22am 
Originally posted by Paul31286:
Alan Wake IS a good game.
I agree Alan Wake is a good game. With a uniqe story that keeps the game running, the gameplay is a bit meh.
illgib May 29, 2014 @ 11:10am 
And, for the records, people said the same bad things about The Dark Descent when it came out, boring, dull and not scary at all.
Always make up your decisions, try it out THEN make up your opinion on it, never follow the flow, or you'll miss some games that you could love.
Remove Kebab May 29, 2014 @ 5:04pm 
Originally posted by Vash:
My fanboyism cost me my money =<.I did like the removal of the limited light and no items though

See, the removal of limited light and lack of inventory items are what turned me off from the whole ordeal, so just goes to show, eh? No accounting for taste, huh.
BTK-Dani* May 30, 2014 @ 6:48am 
Originally posted by Paul31286:
Alan Wake IS a good game.
no its not
Mister Jesus May 30, 2014 @ 8:41am 
Originally posted by Vash:
My fanboyism cost me my money =<.I did like the removal of the limited light and no items though
I felt thats what gave TDD depth and fear
Nattfödd Jun 1, 2014 @ 7:18am 
The thing is that AMFP is not Amnesia. Cause Frictional Games - the creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent and penumbra series - were only publishers here. The whole thing was developed by Chinese Room. So you should see this game as a brand new without any connection to the previous Amnesia game. As a game it's pretty good: some horror parts, some psychological parts, as a sequel (which is not obv) it is worse than TDD.

The name of the game should be "Dear Esther: A Machine for Pigs"
Last edited by Nattfödd; Jun 1, 2014 @ 7:22am
Gibe de pusi b0ss Jun 1, 2014 @ 2:34pm 
Originally posted by Trismich:
No, AMFP isn't as good as the Dark Descent, ...
Originally posted by Nattfödd:
"Dear Esther: A Machine for Pigs"
These two quotes sum up the game. You're not missing much.

Amnesia the Dark Descent, on the other hand, has a great story (way better than AMFP's story), great gameplay, and spooks.
McQuiggle Jun 2, 2014 @ 11:14pm 
The game is plenty good. A lot of people who are down on it are mainly disappointed that it didn't meet certain expectations. Frictional could have marketed the game as more clearly different than the first. But they've always said it was going to be a little bit of Amnesia and a little bit of Dear Esther.

From someone who was a huge fan of both Frictional and The Chinese Room, honestly, this game was as good as I hoped it could have been. It mixed their styles perfectly. The ending alone is more memorable to me than the first game entirely. It's worth playing if you are OK with something that's less mechanically challenging, and so long as you don't spoil it beforehand. A lot of the complaints aimed at this game won't be apparent on your first playthrough if you don't know what's coming.
Last edited by McQuiggle; Jun 2, 2014 @ 11:15pm
EvilTigz Jun 3, 2014 @ 4:21am 
Originally posted by Nattfödd:
The thing is that AMFP is not Amnesia. Cause Frictional Games - the creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent and penumbra series - were only publishers here. The whole thing was developed by Chinese Room. So you should see this game as a brand new without any connection to the previous Amnesia game. As a game it's pretty good: some horror parts, some psychological parts, as a sequel (which is not obv) it is worse than TDD.

The name of the game should be "Dear Esther: A Machine for Pigs"

Lol exactly my thought, even the narrative and how it was told reminded me of Dear Esther. Do not get me wrong I liked Dear Esther, though I treat it more of a story then a game I did expect more from this. However in its own right its not a bad game, just not the same as Outlast or Dark Descent.
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50