I've been looking through the crash reports I'm getting and working to fix any crashes I can trace back to a source. Over the next few days we'll be pushing patches to try and take care of each and every crash error you guys are encountering. So, I'm creating this topic as a place for me to try and help each of you with your crash errors individually. First off, I've learned some things about major causes for startup crashes, and there are some things you can all try if you're having problems running the game.
1. If you haven't already, verify your game cache (Right-click game, properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity Of Game Cache)
Make sure you have administrator privileges, and:
2. Try installing XNA from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20914
3. Try installing .NET framework from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=17718
4. If all of this fails, go to Program Files(x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\XNA\Framework\v4.0. Right-Click XnaNative.dll, push properties, go to the security tab, and make sure your user has full permissions.
5. If you still can't run the game, go to your game directory (Program Files/Steam/Steam Apps/common/Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe). There will be a file in there called "spplog.txt". Copy the contents of that
and paste it into this thread for me to take a look at.