I want to first thank everyone for their patience and for those who are still wondering why it's taken as long as it has please review our General Discussion Pinned threads explaining much of the delays but not as in depth as I would like considering so many had to start from scratch without documented work to refer to which will not be an issue in the future.
As many of you already know, Monochrome has repeatedly posted that all Contagion content including the larger DLC Bundles will be released free of charge for all those who own Contagion and that we're currently working on our first DLC bundle release.
For the sake of having a date set we are going to state April 30th, 2015 is our release date. We don't expect it to be delayed beyond this date (or I wouldn't have listed it) but will apologize in advance if any unforeseen circumstances (as it should be clear by now this isn't uncommon) were to push that date out a bit.
We are also requesting Valve schedule a Free Weekend with discount so that friends and family can experience the new content and potentially purchase it at a lower price.
What to expect from DLC
- 4 New Characters (includes their own unique voice actors)
- 4 New Weapons
- Compound Bow (Actually trying to do some unique animations never done in source before but won't let it delay release if we can't sort it out before date)
- Remington 870
- M1 Garand
- 2 New Maps
- 1 New Game-Mode
- Flatline (Prefix CF_) which is a waved based survival game mode that will focus heavily on watching each others back, gathering resources, unlocking new areas, and saving your fellow survivors after they've been severely injured and will be the first game-mode we've released where there is no player zombies in the design.
Where we are on the status of each asset/mode
- All Characters are in-game each with their own unique voice actor and personality with the exception of Curtis who we are still working on voice for.
- All 4 weapons are complete, in-game, with unique sounds and animations
- Both maps are complete with extensive playtesting but Union Station is being modified as we polish up Flatline.
- Flatline is coming along nicely but we're still adjusting for balancing and testing as we didn't want to just fling a simple survival mode in there which can already be done by modders in other game-modes.
How confident are we about release
We're actually quite confident but know if we run into an issue like we did with animations and how they were originally setup and the research time it took to sort out and implement the updated ones which we don't expect to happen but when including new content a lot of people are involved and the tinniest mistake can lead to delays. That said if I wasn't comfortable with April I wouldn't have stated that's the release month and now we have a day (if we release earlier... yay?).
What about the existing bugs and less than user friendly features?
Many bug fixes are already included in this release like the local co-op cockroach glitch and we will definitely be implementing and polishing up new and existing features that will make playing Contagion easier and more enjoyable but many of these will be after this DLC Release.
What about Linux & Mac Platforms?
We spent a great deal of money to make our version of the Engine Linux/Mac friendly but hit brickwall after brickwall even with the most experienced of programmers which is what happened with Valve and so while we can't release it on these platforms now we fully intend to put all our effort into moving to an updated version of Source (who knows what our options may be at that point) when it won't affect the majority of players. We have not forgotten our pledge to support these platforms.
Oh and btw...
We already have a large map currently labelled camp that is nearly release ready for Escape, Extraction, and Hunted and another in the works. This map will expand on what we attempted to do in the past by including a unique story and possibly leading to something bigger for Contagion fans!
But you forgot...
Sorry if I missed anything but it's likely already addressed in the Official Steam Contagion Community Hub so be sure to check it out and do a search if you don't see your question answered here.
OH DON'T FORGET TO SEND CONTAGION TO E3!
We could not delay the DLC by having our Team earn points for the Indie Crash E3 promo but by supporting and playing a slightly addictive web based game you can earn points for us to bring Contagion to E3 and increase our exposure which benefits the team and the community! Some members have well over 2billion points which means they alone are 1/15th of our total points and we're in the top 20 and going up in rank. If we had a handful of users do the same we would hit top 5 easy.
WANT TO HELP? THEN CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW AND SUPPORT US![indiescrashe3.com]
or click here - />
ONLY 4-3 DAYS LEFT TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT! Which is honestly with the help of a small small small percentage of our active community members more than enough time to get us there!
Want to once again thank everyone for all you've done for us over the years and we are still trying to repay the favor! Sorry it's taking us so long but we won't stop working away at making Contagion one of your favorite titles.
-The Contagion Team