게시 일시: 2015년 5월 20일
In this review I will give an initial assessment for those in a rush and a list of my personal pros and cons on the game.
Outlast is a game I never actually saw myself enjoying due to my fantastic fear of everything. However, following my time with the game although it may look short, was enough time in order to finish the game on normal difficulty. The game regardless of my hatred for the horror genre was highly enjoyable. I would highly recommend the game, due to the low playtime it would be preferable on a sale if you worry about that stuff!
For those of you interested past this assessment the following will be my pros and cons in respect to the game: Pros
- Fantastic atmosphere, through both the music and setting.
- Does not outstay its welcome.
- The game looks graphically really quite nice.
- Aesthetically pleasing.
- The Camera mechanic is quite interesting and can lead to incredibly tense moments of gameplay.
- Documents, these being for medical patients that truly intensifies the atmosphere.
- The story is quite interesting and surreal. Cons
- Too many energy sources for the camcorder, no real fear of stumbling around in the dark. (On Normal difficulty)
- Quite Short (But as I have already said as a result doesn't outstay its welcome)
- Personally the scare value of the game began to stray after around two hours of the game.
- No re-bindable controls on the gamepad (I believe there is for keyboard and mouse but when playing in a room of friends these were not particularly viable for me)
- Heavy reliance on jump scares.
- The ending...
(Not really a spoiler but this could ruin your enthusiasm to play the game as its quite the con)
- The last twenty minutes of gameplay has the potential to pull you out the entire experience.
- Puzzles can be a pain more than anything as they are incredibly simple but relatively frequent.
Overall, looking through this lists it may come across that I wasn't actually a fan of the game however, it is quite the opposite of this. As regardless of all the flaws that I have listed I continued playing because the intrigue I had toward the game massively outweighed these negatives. So as I have already stated I highly recommend this game because its very well made and an enjoyable time. If my review did not convince you wait for a deep discount and give it a try regardless as the low completion time means it's not just going to be another uncompleted game to add to your steam list with a 0 hour playtime.