A new update for System Shock 2 is available for Windows and Linux. Mac will follow in the coming days.
The v2.43 patch, which was provided by "Le Corbeau", contains the following fixes:
- Fixed various smaller issues that could potentially affect stability
- Fixed light radius from dynamic lights on other objects so it matches light radius on terrain (instead of infinite)
- Fixed (or at least reduced) issue where on rare occasions it could turn AIs invulnerable and non-collidable after loading or level transition (fix may not apply to existing savegames where this already happened)
- Fixed bug with archive extraction failure not being detected properly in FMSel, at least for archives with unsupported compression method (like old zips using "Implode")
- Fixed some bugs in FMSel with localization, paths containing umlauts and other special characters, and added OGG to WAV conversion option
fixed DML parsing bug with link IDs
- Fixed bug with "d3d_disp_enable_atoc 1" on nVidia where it ended up using SSAA (if available) instead of ATOC
- Fixed bug where filtering was applied to even pixel scaled UI in DX9 on most resolutions even when it shouldn't have
- Added subtitle support
- Added support for mission DMLs to include so called fingerprints, data that can link a DML to a particular mission (because mission filenames are often the same for different OMs/FMs)
- Added support for mission DMLs to be bundled in dbmods subdirectories
- Added support for DMLs to request additional OSMs and to reference objects by name
- Removed GOG EULA.txt
Don't like the update? You can roll back to v2.42 by going into the game's properties and, in the Betas tab, choosing v2.42 from the Dropdown list. That will rollback your installation of System Shock 2 to the version that was on Steam previously.