Cyborg Immortal Mercenary Jun 12, 2013 @ 7:02pm
How you guys feel about the shadow warrior reboot?
Imo it looks good
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
< >
Kenshiro3 Jun 12, 2013 @ 7:03pm 
on fence. Honestly I'm kinda affraid of a "dark & gritty" reboot
Kill Jun 12, 2013 @ 7:20pm 
shut it
Cyborg Immortal Mercenary Jun 12, 2013 @ 7:21pm 
Originally posted by Kenshiro3:
on fence. Honestly I'm kinda affraid of a "dark & gritty" reboot
Did you see gameplay of it?
Kenshiro3 Jun 12, 2013 @ 7:23pm 
Originally posted by Cyborg Immortal Marine:
Originally posted by Kenshiro3:
on fence. Honestly I'm kinda affraid of a "dark & gritty" reboot
Did you see gameplay of it?

other than Teaser trailer they first released? No. GAMEPLAY is what I have been waiting for. Untill them I have been reserving my judgement.
Cyborg Immortal Mercenary Jun 12, 2013 @ 7:27pm 
Originally posted by Kenshiro3:
Originally posted by Cyborg Immortal Marine:
Did you see gameplay of it?

other than Teaser trailer they first released? No. GAMEPLAY is what I have been waiting for. Untill them I have been reserving my judgement.
Here is gameplay http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=xtfmVpcIvbs
Kenshiro3 Jun 12, 2013 @ 7:35pm 
thanks, And it looks cool. But I'm still reserving my judgement until they reveal wang himself... its not Shadow Warrior without The Wang. I WANTA SOME WANG!

http://www.3drealms.com/sounds/likshk04.wav
HEAVY METAL SAMURAI Jun 12, 2013 @ 7:37pm 
Yeah it looks good but....what made Shadow Warrior, Shadow Warrior is now gone..............
Cyborg Immortal Mercenary Jun 12, 2013 @ 7:40pm 
Originally posted by Shoot Gunner:
Yeah it looks good but....what made Shadow Warrior, Shadow Warrior is now gone..............
What do you mean
HEAVY METAL SAMURAI Jun 12, 2013 @ 7:49pm 
the cheesy humor, the offensive things Lo Wang said/his attitude, just the general feel of the game. now it's all dark and serious. It looks great but I mean...just ain't the same.
Cyborg Immortal Mercenary Jun 12, 2013 @ 8:04pm 
Originally posted by Shoot Gunner:
the cheesy humor, the offensive things Lo Wang said/his attitude, just the general feel of the game. now it's all dark and serious. It looks great but I mean...just ain't the same.
Well you can't get away with that kind of thing easily in this generation and I can see where you are coming from.
HEAVY METAL SAMURAI Jun 12, 2013 @ 8:05pm 
Yeah I know....guess it ain't their fault....
Prince Abassi of Nigeria Jun 12, 2013 @ 11:48pm 
I'm optimistic, but I worry it'll be a piece of ♥♥♥♥.

A lot of modern games don't really realize what made the humor in games like Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 3D funny.

I'm also not sure that the game needs to be "realistic"; it should really have an arcade trash look.
Cyborg Immortal Mercenary Jun 13, 2013 @ 12:06am 
Originally posted by Prince Abassi of Nigeria:
I'm optimistic, but I worry it'll be a piece of ♥♥♥♥.

A lot of modern games don't really realize what made the humor in games like Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 3D funny.

I'm also not sure that the game needs to be "realistic"; it should really have an arcade trash look.
The gameplay i linked seems to be not be realistic in anyway infact it looks unrealistic but I can understand your dissapointment
Buckaroo Jun 13, 2013 @ 5:23am 
Originally posted by Shoot Gunner:
the cheesy humor, the offensive things Lo Wang said/his attitude, just the general feel of the game. now it's all dark and serious. It looks great but I mean...just ain't the same.

Keep in mind that the gameplay video didn't let you hear any audio, so we don't know yet whether they kept the classic Lo Wang attitute. The chances are that they have, because they specifically said they're not making a standard, post-apocalyptic, high cover shooter here. It's still retains a lot of the classic shooter factors. As for the art style. The original was kind of dark and gritty as well.

I'm well impressed with what I got to see in this interview. I love the fact that they focus on the sword and don't just make it a standard melee weapon that you would only switch to if you had no ammo. It's meant to be a powerful weapon on it's own, it certainly was in the original and I'm glad that they embrace that.

One thing I didn't like so much was the look of the firearms. I mean it's perfectly possible that they don't look much appealing on a tiny YouTube window but still, compared to the original firearms which looked semi-realistic but also beefy. At first glace the new firearms just look like something from Quake 2 to me. Ah, well. as long as they play well.

Definitely looking forward to the new Shadow Warrior.
Last edited by Buckaroo; Jun 13, 2013 @ 5:25am
HEAVY METAL SAMURAI Jun 13, 2013 @ 4:05pm 
Originally posted by Buckaroo:

Keep in mind that the gameplay video didn't let you hear any audio, so we don't know yet whether they kept the classic Lo Wang attitute. The chances are that they have, because they specifically said they're not making a standard, post-apocalyptic, high cover shooter here.

They said they were taking out the more 'offensive' parts of the game and reinventing Lo Wang

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/shadow-warrior-reboot-keeps-setting-and-katana-ditches-sexism-racism-and-mp

Enough to make me concerned
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50