UPDATED (06/03/2013): Added an optional/alternative Method for further sensetivity tweaking
As many of you have probably figured out by now, the verticle sensetivity in this game sucks. Luckly there is a way to fix that. Download & BMOUSE.EXE. Its a program designed to improve mouse look sensetivity in build engine games like Shadow Warrior, Blood, Redneck Rampage, & of course Duke3D.
BMOUSE.EXE can be found here in the download section of the creator's page.. http://swisscm.duke4.net/
How to Install
1. Unzip this archive into the directory where you have installed Shadow Warrior
2. Launch the game from Steam with "Configure Shadow Warrior Original" (This launches SETUP.EXE)
3. Go to Controller Setup ->Choose Controller Type and select "Keyboard
4. Go to Setup External and change the program name to "BMOUSE.EXE"
5. Then Save choose "Save & Launch"
6. Next go to your games local files (mine are located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Shadow Warrior Original\gameroot") & Open "dosbox_swarrior_single.conf" with notepad. Replace everything in it with the following and save. This should allow you to start the game normally without having to force the settings by starting the game through configure.
[ipx]This Next step is optional/alternate way to further tweak the sensetivity.
# ipx -- Enable ipx over UDP/IP emulation.
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount C .
imgmount d ".\GAME.DAT" -t iso
@COPY sw.dat sw.exe
bmouse.exe launch sw.exe
7. Launch the game from Steam with "Configure Shadow Warrior Original" (This launches SETUP.EXE) Go to Advanced Control Options for Mouse and do the followingMouse X Axis
"Mouse Y Axis
"Mouse X Axis Scale
"adjust to desired horizontal sensetivity
" (I find that 1.00 works best for me)Mouse Y Axis Scale
"adjust to desired verticle sensetivity
" (I find that 1.50 works best for me)
Have fun. This is about as close to perfect as you are gonna get. Sadly I can't recommend using any source ports for the game as they are incomplete, buggy as hell, & extremely unstable. As such (IMO) DOSBox by far the best option; At Least till steam releases Shadow Warrior Classic Redux. ;)