Geplaatst: 18 mei
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a first-person action RPG set in the future. The game's story in addition to the way you choose to proceed through it and the gaming style you choose to follow complement one another deftly to provide you with an exceptional experience.
The good things
* Story: It mainly revolves around the ethics of "augmentations", that is cyberntic extensions that can be attached to a human being to improve the body or/and the mind. You are Adam Jensen, one who was recently cybernetically augmented. Yes, you are the the main character but you'll quickly see that you are part of a very big story with multiple secondary characters having their own agendas. The ending is satisfactory as there is no loose plot, and everything falls nicely into one place.
* Level design: There are many ways for you to complete an objective. There generally is the main way (rambo), and many other paths. There is always a secondary path that will allow anyone to get inside a building without requiring special augmentations, while other may require you to level up a cybernetic part of your body. Being curious is a good thing. Also, being a "hacker" is great: it's a bit difficult to invest on this from the start but it pays off quickly as you are able to get to places you couldn't reach easily otherwise.
* Stealth: You can finish the game without killing anyone, except the bosses. I wish more games do that.
The less good things
* Boss battles: it's certainly the weakest point of the game. Yes, you can use the environment rather than weapons to kill them, but all boss battles (except the last one maybe) left me underwhelmed.
* Difficulty: If you go the "hacker" way, you'll find that the game gets much easier. I had only one playthrough (too many games to play to do it a second time) so maybe it's true only for the hacking part.
It's also supposed to be an action game, as you can play it "rambo" style... But you would miss a lot by doing that. I suggest anyone wanting to get the best from this game to play it in stealth mode: also, try to avoid killing anyone (Pacifist achievement) and avoid starting off alarms. And, play in on max difficulty. This combination should arguably be the best way to play the game.