Echo419 Nov 1, 2013 @ 9:11am
GOG v Steam
Is this game on steam the same as the GOG version?
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Mikolaj Nov 1, 2013 @ 9:40am 
No, this a remake, GOG has the original. So, the story is the same but graphics etc are completely different.
Patman42x Nov 1, 2013 @ 10:42am 
do yourself a favor and get the original, NOT the remake.
Karol13 Nov 1, 2013 @ 11:06am 
I have both version and I am totally happy about it :)

btw, try this link to get original BoD for free:
http://www.gog.com/2013_downloads_quality

actually, isn't Gog selling also the remake?
urartu Nov 1, 2013 @ 11:15am 
The remake did not make its way to GoG yet.
Mikolaj Nov 1, 2013 @ 12:46pm 
Originally posted by Karol13:
I have both version and I am totally happy about it :)

btw, try this link to get original BoD for free:
http://www.gog.com/2013_downloads_quality

actually, isn't Gog sell also the remake?
No, it is sold in other places, but what you get is just the steam key
Chris Firefox  [developer] Nov 2, 2013 @ 2:11am 
GoG is still on our list of "things we need to get done", but we are trying hard to make it happen :).
pfdsotm Nov 3, 2013 @ 2:54am 
GoG would require the game in far better shape than it is at the moment I would think.
Karol13 Nov 3, 2013 @ 7:23am 
GoG is trying it's best and has very good patch system... but most games I bought from GoG are having a lot of bugs and are in very same state as BoD Remake. So comment about "would require the game in far better shape than it is" is totally irrelevant. Games do have bugs and we do not need to go emotional here. Nor irrational.
Mikolaj Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:25am 
Originally posted by Karol13:
GoG is trying it's best and has very good patch system... but most games I bought from GoG are having a lot of bugs and are in very same state as BoD Remake. So comment about "would require the game in far better shape than it is" is totally irrelevant. Games do have bugs and we do not need to go emotional here. Nor irrational.
Hmmm name 3 games sold by gog that were in similar state as BoD remake upon release. I dare you.
Karol13 Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:39am 
As GOG specializes in old games, arguing about "release state" is not valid, but I brought a list of games that have even after many patches and many years issues ...

Marked red : at least once it happened that I was not able to finish the game due a bug or I encountered bugs that could possibly make me emotional (like you are now about BoD Remake), if I would really care.
Marked yellow: there were bugs that I could not believe they passed any beta test...
http://imageshack.com/a/img546/6523/k2rt.jpg

EDIT: forgot to mark red Arcanum... although I have huge respect towards Troika games , the game has incredibly humongous huge list of bugs and issues... and even as I thought that I am RPG senpai, I had to look for solutions and workarounds to finish the game (and got stuck quite often - meaning, wrong game decision lead towards "cannot complete" state)
urartu Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:42am 
Master of Orion 3-Extremely buggy on release

Planescape Torment-The amount of bugs, disabled content, broken stuff on first Planescape Torment was too much. But the amount of text is too large it did not catch the attention of many people. And there are right now several fan-made patches and stuff which improved the game. (Such as many banters between party members which supposed to happen did not happen before fixes)

Gothic 3-A total wreck which has improved significantly with community patches.

There you go.

Mikolaj Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:47am 
Originally posted by urartu:
Master of Orion 3-Extremely buggy on release

Planescape Torment-The amount of bugs, disabled content, broken stuff on first Planescape Torment was too much. But the amount of text is too large it did not catch the attention of many people. And there are right now several fan-made patches and stuff which improved the game. (Such as many banters between party members which supposed to happen did not happen before fixes)

Gothic 3-A total wreck which has improved significantly with community patches.

There you go.
First two points are just not true, gog did not sell them these games on release, when they came to gog they were in a much better state, especially Planscape. I can't say what is the state of gothic, but I think it is also not that bad. The point is not what was the state of these games before coming to Gog, but in what state gog sold them. Because such a large portion of Gog's catalogue are old games, they are usually after a long period of patching and work rather well. I have around 50 games I bought on Gog and none of them had 10% of the problems BoD had.
Mikolaj Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:49am 
Originally posted by Karol13:
As GOG specializes in old games, arguing about "release state" is not valid, but I brought a list of games that have even after many patches and many years issues ...

Marked red : at least once it happened that I was not able to finish the game due a bug or I encountered bugs that could possibly make me emotional (like you are now about BoD Remake), if I would really care.
Marked yellow: there were bugs that I could not believe they passed any beta test...
http://imageshack.com/a/img546/6523/k2rt.jpg

EDIT: forgot to mark red Arcanum... although I have huge respect towards Troika games , the game has incredibly humongous huge list of bugs and issues... and even as I thought that I am RPG senpai, I had to look for solutions and workarounds to finish the game (and got stuck quite often - meaning, wrong game decision lead towards "cannot complete" state)
Yes, Troika is very good point... if you play them without community patches they are in an bad state. Still vastly better than BoD, but there are issues.
Karol13 Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:50am 
also all of us may just enter random GOG forum conversation(s) and search for bug... and just the list of results are quite self-explanatory ... no need to argue on steam forum about it.
Games do have bugs... more or less. Whatever.
urartu Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:52am 
Originally posted by Mikolaj:
Hmmm name 3 games sold by gog that were in similar state as BoD remake upon release. I dare you.


This question suggests whether 3 games sold by GoG was in similar state as BoD remake upon release or not. It does not ask if GoG sells them when the games are full of issues or not.(Or I understood that way anyways.)

I just gave examples some of them were real wreckages upon their release with hidden or obvious bugs. Of course if the BoD covers up all its issues it will get into GoG...so there is no reason to argue about that.
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50