Posted: May 25
- +Turn Based Strategy, Advance Wars style
- +Long campaign (I haven't finished it yet)
- +Skirmish mode (custom maps)
- +Varied units with slick designs  [wiki.battle-worlds.com]
- +Tactical and challenging git gud
- +Map editor  [wiki.battle-worlds.com]
- +DRM free (look into the game folder)
- +Available for Linux (though not the Map Editor)
- -Difficult for newbies to the genre
- -Multiplayer can be bothersome due to low playerbase
- -Lack of variety of factions 
This kriegsspiel is an overlooked gem when it comes to tactical TBS games (as opposed to the more strategic 4x genre) that will offer you long hours of entertainment and challenge. Don't let the skill gap intimidate you. Every movement counts, but mistakes aren't fatal and learning the ropes is part of the fun.
 The Battle Worlds: Kronos wiki [wiki.battle-worlds.com]
 Map editor can be found here [wiki.battle-worlds.com]
You can't choose the tempo of the battle; the next move from your opponent might come in 10 mins or tomorrow (hotseat mode). Which is a feature, actually, but cuts both ways. Fortunately you can have up to three matches going on at the same time, in case some of your opponent goes afk for hours. This can lead to the opposite situation: having to fight several battles on the same day.
Coming from Advance Wars, this isn't really an issue for me, but it's worth mentioning. The two factions are the Invaders and the Residents. The Invaders have three subfactions, each one with a special unit.