Elsword > General Discussions > Topic Details
uxtom Jul 27, 2013 @ 8:29am
Launching Elsword - How I fixed it
This is a brief tutorial on how i fixed the game's launcher. First off here are some of my specs: windows 7 64 bits and i had IE 10 installed (never used it). The problem lies with IE 10 at least in my case and here is how you can fix it.

Click on the start button and type "programs and features" in the search box, now click on view installed updates in the left pane of the menu. Scroll down till you find the IE 10 thingy and simply uninstall it. You will be prompted to restart your computer so do so and if everything went according to plan you should now be able to launch elsword from steam and actually link your steam account to the game.

Hopefully this has helped some of you
Last edited by uxtom; Jul 27, 2013 @ 8:39am
Showing 1-15 of 90 comments
< >
Juju Jul 27, 2013 @ 8:41am 
wow! very simple and helpful! thank you friend! now i can happily play elsword!
Juju Jul 27, 2013 @ 8:41am 
Last edited by Juju; Jul 27, 2013 @ 8:41am
Marmar Jul 27, 2013 @ 8:46am 
Basically the game tries to connect to Internet Explorer but fails because IE sucks
uxtom Jul 27, 2013 @ 8:47am 
Originally posted by Marmar:
Basically the game tries to connect to Internet Explorer but fails because IE sucks

Exactly :)
Juju Jul 28, 2013 @ 12:00pm 
bump. more people need to see this!!!!
Cloud Jul 28, 2013 @ 3:19pm 
Any windows 8 fixes?..can't uninstall ie for some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ reason.
Irion Da Ronin Jul 28, 2013 @ 5:36pm 
Hmm, i don't have IE installed, but i can''t make run the launcher, for some reason. It just show for a second and dissapear.
WIN 7 64 bits here : /
uxtom Jul 28, 2013 @ 5:45pm 
Originally posted by CʅoʉɖЯɛɩ:
Any windows 8 fixes?..can't uninstall ie for some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ reason.

no sorry :/

Originally posted by Irion Da Ronin:
Hmm, i don't have IE installed, but i can''t make run the launcher, for some reason. It just show for a second and dissapear.
WIN 7 64 bits here : /

sadly you need IE in order to link your steam account so i would recommend installing it and uninstalling right after
Hoodrat ϟ Harry Jul 29, 2013 @ 7:35am 
Originally posted by uxtom:
Click on the start button and type "programs and features" in the search box, now click on view installed updates in the left pane of the menu. Scroll down till you find the IE 10 thingy and simply uninstall it. You will be prompted to restart your computer so do so and if everything went according to plan you should now be able to launch elsword from steam and actually link your steam account to the game.

Hopefully this has helped some of you :D:

finally one that works. It requires a reboot afterwards, but now my IE finally starts up and teh game works. good guide
[CS] Sophia Jul 29, 2013 @ 1:08pm 
It doesn't work for me. When I tried to login, nothing happened.
Kapłan Jul 29, 2013 @ 1:15pm 
In win8 there isn't IE just ESSTEAM (luncher in internet explorer) and "elsword" (it's opening game but there is the same problem like with luncher). I don't now what happening becouse in polish web page (i'm from poland) I succesfull registred.
Evac Jul 29, 2013 @ 3:27pm 
Nice little guide there. I'm going to temporarily pin this thread to let the other players who has the same problem see it. Thanks for the guide. Keep up the good work and enjoy playing Elsword~
zig4free Jul 29, 2013 @ 5:32pm 
I don't have IE. What to do?
Last edited by zig4free; Jul 29, 2013 @ 5:33pm
zig4free Jul 29, 2013 @ 5:36pm 
double lol I don't have IE but I have updates for IE.... @Windows@
evelastina Jul 29, 2013 @ 8:26pm 
i uninstalled the IE 10 update as you suggested but clicking "play now" to link my steam account still doesnt do anything :c
Showing 1-15 of 90 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50