I have only spent under 2 hours on this, and I think I am gonna get a refund. It's shame as I liked the look of this game, the trailers and pictures make it look awesome, but in my view it has several fatal flaws that make the gameplay difficult for me.
- Combat: One of the most important things in this type of game, which has been implemented poorly. The game relies on you manually locking targets and manually firing your turrets at targets. The locking isn't an issue, but manual fire is a joke, most of all because every ship I had encountered was tiny, I could barely hit them, but somehow they could hit me everytime.
- Cameras: The views in this game are terrible as well, there is no easy way to control the camera, and it won't work in a fluid manner, instead it feels like you have to force the camera about to see anything, especially in combat unless you have the "chase" camera assigned (found that out after Googling) battles are pretty much impossible
- Docking: There is no walking around, when you arrive at a dock you have a menu, that's it.
- Level system: I spent ages at level 1, I completed missions and space combat, took ages to level up, what the hell? Level 1 is meant to be easy to get past, not a stupid amount of missions to complete?
- Distance: Things were far apart, which helped the game seem larger, but instead of being a huge map it just took ages to get anywere, I couldn't see any real fast travel (like warp) apart from the gates. I feel it was just a lazy way to make the map seem big.
Not to be all negative it had some good sides
- Graphics: These were great the ships looked good, so did the planets and stations, really seemed to look like space
- Story: I didn't play much, but the story seemed to be developing, was interesting.
These are just a few points, it was a cool idea, but I couldn't get on with it. I am going to wait for Star Citizen or No Mans Sky, maybe get Elite, as they are closer to what a Space RPG should be; massive and unforgiving. This game just doesn't sit well with me, it feels like a arcade space game, not a full blown RPG, but that's just me I guess.