It's been awhile since our last update, but we have
been working. Unfortunately, not everything is ready just yet. Our biggest announcement is the upcoming free DLC featuring a complete storyline, even longer than the original campaign. As we promised, we've been recreating the storyline from Starpoint Gemini 1 and it should become available in June! We'll make sure to announce the release as soon as we're ready!
But, let's return to the business at hand. What's this update about? Several things:
- Preparations for the upcoming free DLC
- Standard assortment of minor fixes
- And last, but nowhere near least: French localization. ALL credit goes to the esteemed gentleman by the name of Sébastien Gigot, a member of this amazing community, who took it upon himself to translate the entire game to French.
Mr. Gigot, we owe you a debt of gratitude we can hardly repay. THANK YOU!
As always, if you encounter problems, let us know and we'll do our best to answer and help as fast as possible.
And finally we come to the already standard change list:CHANGE LIST
- ADDED: Follow mission button, which comes in handy when juggling several missions at once
- FIXED: Active Only button on the logs panel, now properly toggles between active/non-active missions
- ADDED: New mission markers (on the HUD and the Starchart) for acquired/followed missions
- ADDED: Campaign missions now have mission-appropriate images
- FIXED: Several errors in the Cat and Mouse campaign missions (Shinova problem)
- FIXED: Several minor errors in Second Front Baeldor side mission
- ADDED: Throttle/Slider implemeted for Thrustmaster Flight Hotas X, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Cybord F.L.Y. 5 flight stick. ship speed should now properly change according to the position of the joystick's throttle/slider.
- FIXED: Some issues with resetting to default controls. Full Gamepad control (for Xbox controllers) should now properly load the correct controls at game start-up and the "Reset" button at Options->Controls should now reset the controls for the appropriate controller.
- UPDATED: Support for the following controllers:
- Logitech F710 Wireless Controller
- Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510
- Thrustmaster Flight Hotas X
- Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
- FIXED: A bug where you were sometimes unable to accept a main mission (pressing Accept didn't start the mission)
- UPDATED: Minor changes in the flare system
- FIXED: Minor fixes in the Defense platform hitpoints calculations
- UPDATED: File loading system improved (optimized for mods and DLCs)
- FIXED: A potential problem related to News panels on stations where the game was attempting to access the wrong region
- FIXED: A potential problem related to loading textures on some graphics cards
- FIXED: A potential problem when drawing asteroids on some graphics cards
- FIXED: A potential problem when drawing junkyard on some graphics cards
- FIXED: Several fixes and improvements in the game log recording