We have begun public beta testing for the next update. This is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, but if you'd like to try out the latest and greatest before it's available to the rest of the world, here's how you can participate:
- Go to Steam Library
- Right click on Shadowrun Returns
- Select Properties
- Select Betas
- Then a drop down says: "Select the beta you would like to opt into"
- Choose: Public Beta
You should see some 'updating' traffic as Steam fetches new files for Shadowrun Returns.REPORTING BUGS:
Please report bugs to email@example.com. Include the bug in the subject of the email and include as many details about the bug including the steps you took to produce this bug.
If you ever want to opt out of the Public Beta and return to the normal public build that everyone else has, you can repeat the process above and choose NONE from the drop down list.
RELEASE NOTES 1.1.1New Features, Improvements
- French, Italian, and Spanish language support! These can be enabled from the Options section of the main menu.
- Windows 8 touch compatibility.
- Manual zoom-in distance increased when HD textures are enabled.
- Added ability to use text expansions in loading screen text for a scene.
- [Editor] Added ability to change story's resale value of items.
- [Editor] Thermometer revamped to show more detailed scene performance metrics. (See wiki for more info: http://shadowrun-returns.wikispaces.com/Scene+Analysis+Tool
- [Editor] Added an additional safety check when publishing content packs to check for empty preview image files.
- [Editor] Add ability for custom UGC to supply portrait images for character creation. (See wiki for more info: http://shadowrun-returns.wikispaces.com/Custom+Portraits+for+UGC
- [Editor] Add ability to to associate popup images with quest items.
- [Editor] Added Get Count of Alive Actors data function trigger.
- [New Trigger] Display popup with image and caption.Bug Fixes
- Fix for players being unable to equip Programs and ESPs in some cases.
- Fix to downed players going into running animation when teleported instantly.
- Fix to double click mode usability.
- Revised the UGC version checking when publishing. In the editor it records the latest dependency versions. In-game it retains the version mismatch but still allows publishing.
- Fix to adding / remove cyberware via triggers.
- Fix issue where the prefab name would get clobbered when switching character sheets.
- Unspent Karma Point warning now more intuitive.
- Fix barrier grid draw on null tiles.
- Fix to fullscreen ui title fonts.
- Fix to preloading sound bundles from other bundle groups.
- Fix to invisible props used as doors from stalling.
- Fix to spray and pray hitting every enemy when original target dies.
- Fix to music returning from combat back to legwork.
- Fix player highlight and character disc to show the correct affiliation.
- Fix to persistent bodies hiding and appearing in FOW and blood splatter not showing through FOW.
- [Linux] Fixed how the version number is parsed to address foreign locale settings.
- [Linux] Force Steamworks gameobject to destroy on application exit.
- [Linux] Fix to the null tile check in OnTileClicked.
- Fix to +AP buffs wearing off during the player's action.
- Fix to stop conversations from closing prematurely.
- Fixed a bug where multiple popups can show on the screen.
- Fix for text expansion of story variables.
- Fix ability to cast self items inside shadow spell.Notes
- Any UGC published from the Beta will require subscribers to be in Beta also to play. This is caused by the game version number changing in the Beta to 1.1.1.
We want your feedback on the translations. While playing in French, Italian, or Spanish; if you note text that could be translated better or improved, please visit the below link and follow the instructions found there: http://shadowrun-returns.wikispaces.com/Localization
- We will collect your feedback through Thursday, December 12th.