Bud Nov 13, 2013 @ 8:57pm
Is someone recreating the Sega version?
I have a child so I really don't have time to check but is someone or even a team recreating the Sega Genesis version of Shadowrun as a mod/add on? If so, is there a place where I could even donate money for a project that has proven to be in the works?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
//// Nov 14, 2013 @ 6:03am 
don't just give up on everything! keep in tact! don't let your child see you like this!
rentier7419 Nov 14, 2013 @ 10:57am 
Hi ,
there are some people already doing it:
http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/71409#Comment_71409
and on youtube you can already see something recreated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ma8rxOsQcw
enjoy
Bud Nov 14, 2013 @ 12:38pm 
Originally posted by rentier7419:
Hi ,
there are some people already doing it:
http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/71409#Comment_71409
and on youtube you can already see something recreated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ma8rxOsQcw
enjoy

I was hoping more of the Sega version but this would be fine as well. I honestly don't think this games engine could do open ended like Sega was and either way, I will be happy to play the SNES version as I never played it.
AngryTurtle Nov 14, 2013 @ 3:35pm 
Try the Shadowrun Unlimited mod. It's not exactly the Sega game, but it is heavily influenced by it, and it's made to be infinately playable technically. (You can always pick up a run from one of the fixers and play it even after the story is done.)
Bud Nov 14, 2013 @ 4:08pm 
Originally posted by AngryTurtle:
Try the Shadowrun Unlimited mod. It's not exactly the Sega game, but it is heavily influenced by it, and it's made to be infinately playable technically. (You can always pick up a run from one of the fixers and play it even after the story is done.)

Thank you. Honestly since I beat the Sega game, I would perfer it to be slightly different but the same overall openness would be nice....like walking down the streets of Seattle and what not.
ringringlingling Nov 14, 2013 @ 10:05pm 
The Genesis version ruled! The SNES version... not so much. The hacking scenes might have been better if I'd had the instruction manual. Genesis got away with so much stuff in the early years, like techno-cop. (Netguns are easier, but explosive rounds make their head explode. hmmm...)
Bud Nov 14, 2013 @ 11:54pm 
Originally posted by ringringlingling:
The Genesis version ruled! The SNES version... not so much. The hacking scenes might have been better if I'd had the instruction manual. Genesis got away with so much stuff in the early years, like techno-cop. (Netguns are easier, but explosive rounds make their head explode. hmmm...)

Yeah, even knowing that I do like the Matrix far better than I originally thought in this version, I still perfer the Sega's one. Plus, the assault on Lonestars office was truly nice as well as the free open environments.

I could live without the free roam maps but to be at least able to pick where I want to go and when is a true must in this game and I solely miss not having it in this current version. On the other hand, it is nice to not have to buy clips of ammunition to shoot though...the Sega version was really time consuming on making sure you have the ammo before going on each and every mission just to refill that and only that before going on.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 13, 2013 @ 8:57pm
Posts: 7