We have begun public beta testing for the next update. This is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, but if you'd like to try out the latest and greatest before it's available to the rest of the world, here's how you can participate:
- Go to Steam Library
- Right click on Shadowrun Returns
- Select Properties
- Select Betas
- Then a drop down says: "Select the beta you would like to opt into"
- Choose: Public Beta
You should see some 'updating' traffic as Steam fetches new files for Shadowrun Returns.
If you ever want to opt out of the Public Beta and return to the normal public build that everyone else has, you can repeat the process above and choose NONE from the drop down list.REPORTING BUGS
Before reporting a bug please read the known issues section of this post, if you are unable to find a bug listed that matches what you are experiencing then leave a comment in this thread. Include as many details about the bug including the steps you took to produce this bug.
Beta Release 1.2.6New Features, Improvements
- [Combat] AoE spells and abilities do not list number of people affected if the size of the aoe is a single tile.
- [Content Pack] Added missing title to Berlin Area Environments and Tilesets content pack.
- [Core] Adding text to explain why the main character might not be able to equip a picked up item.
- [Debug] Additional information recorded in debug logs.
- [New Game Menu] Add a field for supported languages for content packs.
- [Save] Added a popup if steam is unable to save a game.
- [Trigger] Set Actor Display Name, changes target actors name to (string).
- [Trigger] String function: Get Actor Name, reads target actors name as a string.
Bug Fixes: Dragonfall Campaign
- [Character Creation] Fixing issue where elves could lose karma on character creation by cancelling in etiquette screen.
- [Combat] Fix issue causing bugspirits to be untargetable after loading a save.
- [Equip Screen] Fixing issue where stash items might occasionally fail a prerequisite check incorrectly.
- [Items] Fixing issue where repair kits were usable on non-drones and would not heal drones
- [Items] Medpacks and Repair Kits can no longer be used on a targets with full health
- [VFX] Fixed issue causing snow to be drawn on top of fog.
Bug Fixes: Dead Man's Switch Campaign
- Added waypoints to side entrance in the Bloodlines mission.
- Adjustments to balance some underused Etiquette skills.
- Cleared up objective communication in Apex Rising mission.
- Fixed issues where the player could advance the Bloodlines mission in a bad state.
- Fixed issue causing optional quest to be started incorrectly in the False Flag mission.
- Fixed an edge-case issue that could cause a conversation to start at an incorrect time in the Drug Pit mission.
- Fixed issue that caused incorrect dialogue to trigger for a solo player in MKVI mission.
- Fixed issue that caused incorrect dialogue to trigger for a solo player in Apex Rising mission.
- Fixed party communication about the Loose Ends mission.
- Improved objective messaging to Player for Alice introduction.
- Improved objective communication in MKVI mission.
- Improved cost communication for cup of Coffee.
- Improved side quest completion communication for Bloodlines mission.
- Fixed issue that caused IC to spawn at an incorrect time in Telestrian Industries run.
- Decking Program Erosion 3 deals incorrect damage
- Drones are not healed with Runners on scene start
- Combat Sims are unable to be used on PCs with full health
- Light Ley Lines not working as expected
- Conversation in Act 3 Haven missing text expansion