Shu-Woon Feb 2 @ 11:40pm
What would this game be like if it only met 100% of its goal?
exactly the same?
Showing 1-15 of 50 comments
< >
Thadian Feb 2 @ 11:56pm 
1. It would probably be in the condition of first patch, and 5 DLC packs would have been released for $2.99 each. Each pack would add something like 5 new outfits or 2 new songs.

2. The campaign would end at rescuing Coyote's brother.

3. The second "leg" of the game would be... you guessed it... A 5.99 "full expansion".

And just in case you aren't excited yet, 1/2 of the armor would be broken like Cyberware and 1/2 of the abilities would be non-functional or deceptive in their description of be broken or unused in the game instead of 1/5.

Sold yet?
Last edited by Thadian; Feb 2 @ 11:57pm
Shu-Woon Feb 3 @ 12:03am 
Originally posted by Thadian:
1. It would probably be in the condition of first patch, and 5 DLC packs would have been released for $2.99 each. Each pack would add something like 5 new outfits or 2 new songs.

2. The campaign would end at rescuing Coyote's brother.

3. The second "leg" of the game would be... you guessed it... A 5.99 "full expansion".

And just in case you aren't excited yet, 1/2 of the armor would be broken like Cyberware and 1/2 of the abilities would be non-functional or deceptive in their description of be broken or unused in the game instead of 1/5.

Sold yet?
Biggest exaggeration, there's games way less funded, and have more content and bug fixes.
Issacfrost Feb 3 @ 3:20am 
I'm still trying to figure out which bugs because I have none.
AbsynthMinded Feb 3 @ 7:50am 
Personally I consider the lack of campagin depth a 'bug', at least it bugs me.
Cutlass Jack Feb 3 @ 8:34am 
Originally posted by Shu-Woon:
exactly the same?

Minus the things that were stretch goals. Dragonfall (aka Berlin) was a stretch goal. Because funding exceeded that stretch goal, they were able to do it much larger than promised and made it into a full expansion.

Riggers and Physical Adepts wouldn't have been in the game. Also Mac/Linux versions and extended language versions. The Music and the Editor were also improved based on funding.
melfice181 Feb 3 @ 11:26am 
It was also completely 2D in the original inception. They completely reworked the engine for the 3D isometric view with the excess they got.
Kuehnau Feb 4 @ 2:15am 
It's funny because me and a friend were both discussing that the other day.
Issacfrost Feb 4 @ 4:07am 
@AbsynthMinded I enjoy the campaign although to linear for this time and age. What bugs me is having no enemies around and STILL move as if there were enemies around. Wasting turn after turn in the huge maps is not fun.
Issacfrost Feb 4 @ 4:08am 
Besides I mostly use it to prep my character to import to SR Unlimited which is a heck lot more fun.
Shu-Woon Feb 4 @ 6:39am 
Originally posted by Issacfrost:
@AbsynthMinded I enjoy the campaign although to linear for this time and age. What bugs me is having no enemies around and STILL move as if there were enemies around. Wasting turn after turn in the huge maps is not fun.
Bro that's what a game that's 450% funded will get ya
Stymie Jackson Feb 4 @ 7:57am 
Bro that's what not understanding the costs of software development, licensing IP, paying off Greenlight and Steam, and backer rewards actually are. I mean, Microsoft owns the IP. EVERYONE knows how inexpensive and generous MS is, right? Right? Amiright?

@Issacfrost: Definitely annoying. I spent a ton of time in my UGC eliminating that as much as humanly possible, even between fights within in the same scene. It's not fun moving 4+ dudes around a large map. It's not like the tiny maps in X-Com after all.

In fact, I borrowed an idea from several other UGCs and allow the player to turn on and off turn mode (as long as no enemies are hostile within the scene it works nicely).
Last edited by Stymie Jackson; Feb 4 @ 7:59am
Shu-Woon Feb 4 @ 9:21am 
Originally posted by Stymie Jackson:
Bro that's what not understanding the costs of software development, licensing IP, paying off Greenlight and Steam, and backer rewards actually are. I mean, Microsoft owns the IP. EVERYONE knows how inexpensive and generous MS is, right? Right? Amiright?

@Issacfrost: Definitely annoying. I spent a ton of time in my UGC eliminating that as much as humanly possible, even between fights within in the same scene. It's not fun moving 4+ dudes around a large map. It's not like the tiny maps in X-Com after all.

In fact, I borrowed an idea from several other UGCs and allow the player to turn on and off turn mode (as long as no enemies are hostile within the scene it works nicely).
The cost irrelevant, many games are on a lower budget while offering far more than this game, and all had save features and what not.

If this is what they got from 450% funded, then this would be the biggest scam on steam at 100% funded.
Last edited by Shu-Woon; Feb 4 @ 9:21am
drake_hound Feb 4 @ 9:41am 
I don´t know about you guys , but let say check the graphics and editor first .
Before you complain about something . the game came out beter shape then I expected .

Especially for a small company , oh lets compare budget shall we .
Name me a game , who gave more for that budget .

Delivered in time , released on IOS and other platform , still does regular updates .
Allows players freedom in creating there toon , allows players freedom to create there own adventure .

Just it shows most people love to whine about nothing , but give me examples of games .
That does more ! instead of the negative BS hype .
seriously game is good , campagain is a bit short .
But not dissapointed at all .
Shu-Woon Feb 4 @ 9:46am 
Originally posted by drake_hound:
I don´t know about you guys , but let say check the graphics and editor first .
Before you complain about something . the game came out beter shape then I expected .

Especially for a small company , oh lets compare budget shall we .
Name me a game , who gave more for that budget .

Delivered in time , released on IOS and other platform , still does regular updates .
Allows players freedom in creating there toon , allows players freedom to create there own adventure .

Just it shows most people love to whine about nothing , but give me examples of games .
That does more ! instead of the negative BS hype .
seriously game is good , campagain is a bit short .
But not dissapointed at all .
Banner Saga.
Divinity.

They gave more with less of a budget.
They have HALF the budget and did a lot more.

I was kind enough to list games that are turn based and had less of a budget. I could list 100 games with the same budget that did infinitely better than this game.

I could list 200 games that had less than a budget that aren't turn based that did better than this.
Last edited by Shu-Woon; Feb 4 @ 9:52am
Stymie Jackson Feb 4 @ 9:54am 
Originally posted by Shu-Woon:
Banner Saga.
Divinity.

They gave more with less of a budget.
They have HALF the budget and did a lot more.

I was kind enough to list games that are turn based and had less of a budget. I could list 100 games with the same budget that did infinitely better than this game

And NONE of these titles you have in mind license existing Intellectual Property. That ♥♥♥♥ is not cheap. Licensing costs lots of money.

Banner Saga also costs MORE than SRR. Divinity is twice as much.

Keep trolling brosef, it's quite amusing.
Last edited by Stymie Jackson; Feb 4 @ 9:55am
Showing 1-15 of 50 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 2 @ 11:40pm
Posts: 50