Version 1.2.0 contains our new and improved save game functionality, including the ability to save in the middle of scenes.BEFORE ACCESSING THIS BETA, PLEASE BACK UP ANY SAVE FILES AND UGC CONTENT
(just in case). We’ve gone through extensive testing internally, but if you encounter a problem we haven’t found, you’ll want your old save game files so you can recover. Backing up save files and UGC
(Steps 4-5 are for UGC creators only)
1) Create a folder to store backup of save files (anywhere is fine).
2) Click here[shadowrun-returns.wikispaces.com]
to locate save files for your operating system.
3) Copy any files into your backup directory created in Step #1.
4) Locate “working copy” of content packs for your operating system.
5) Copy the entire “ContentPacks” folder into your backup directory created in Step #1.
We have begun public beta testing for the next update. This is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, but if you'd like to try out the latest and greatest before it's available to the rest of the world, here's how you can participate:
1) Go to Steam Library
2) Right click on Shadowrun Returns
3) Select Properties
4) Select Betas
5) Then a drop down says: "Select the beta you would like to opt into"
6) Choose: Public Beta
You should see some 'updating' traffic as Steam fetches new files for Shadowrun Returns.GETTING THE LATEST PATCH
1) Go to Steam Library
2) Right click on Shadowrun Returns
3) Select Local Files
4) Select Verify Integrity of Game Cashe
A new window should pop up and a download will start. When this is finished, play Shadowrun Returns and open the Credits by clicking on the HBS logo and look for the current version number in the bottom right corner of the screen.REPORTING BUGS
Before reporting a bug please read the know issues section of this post, if you are unable to find a bug listed that matches what you are experiencing then leave a comment in this thread. Include as many details about the bug including the steps you took to produce this bug.
If you ever want to opt out of the Public Beta and return to the normal public build that everyone else has, you can repeat the process above and choose NONE from the drop down list.
Release Notes Beta 1.2.0 RC4New Features, Improvements
- [Save] Added ability to save game at any point on the player’s turn! You can access this using several places in the game:
- PDA via “Save” option
- “Quick Save” feature currently bound to the ‘F5’ key while in game.
- “Save and Quit” when exiting the game.
- [Save] GM’s can initiate an autosave via trigger in Editor. This does not create a ‘rewind’ point, but will allow players to return to it in the case of death or quitting without saving.
- [Save] Game over screen now allows to load from last save.
- [Save] Hardcore mode added that will disable save-at-any-point functionality: autosaves will still be performed during scene transition and at GM initiated points (however, all other methods of saving will be disabled for this game slot).
- [Save] ‘F9’ hotkey added to quick-open load menu from PDA.
- New totem selection screen.
- Improvements to loading bar to more accurately display loaded content and loading tasks
- Conversations show triggering actor portrait
- [Triggers] Added title field to display text popup.
- [Triggers] Set the body model of an actor
- [Triggers] Actors can be detained for transitions within the same scene
- [Triggers] Isolate a team to allow one specific team to act before it returns to normal
- [Triggers] Check if door is open or closed
- [Triggers] Check if player is controlled as a drone or spirit
- [Triggers] Permanently add AP by trigger, or by campaign progress
- [Triggers] Get all actors with exceptions
- [Debug] Toggle debug mode is Alt ~ or Ctrl F1
- [Debug] Better tracking of trigger history, analysis txt from a dump
- [Editor] Allow teleport regions for player characters only
- [Editor] Added comparison of tags to a wildcard pattern with * ?
- [Editor] Added toggles for allowing prerequisites to control Hack State of Matrix Nodes
- [Editor] Added trigger to check unspent karma
- [Language] Chinese language support added!
- [Feature] Adding a fill animation for team healing events.
- [Feature] Allowing non core races to be in party screen (Not including slaves: Drones/Spirits).
- [Feature] Adding tool tips in load screen.
- [Feature] Adding vfx for shaman points.
- [Feature] Added whoosh sound to screen labels
- [Feature] Allow actors to spawn without a fist
- [Feature] Vulnerabilities added for bleeding, disarming, mental attacks, movement, ap, dumpshockBug Fixes
- Doors and AI have smarter shoving to push them forward if it closes on them
- Actors use doors more intelligently, reduced use from a sharp angle
- Fixed an issue that caused the non-archetype Troll to gain massive HP boosts.
- Fixed an issue that caused IC to spawn with incorrect HP values.
- Fixed issues with rebelled AI spirits not attacking after their master dies
- [Triggers] Fixed an issue with Any and All tags returning incorrect value.
- [Triggers] Fixed an issue where wait for <x> resumed from the wrong step in true and false branches
- [Options] Fixed bug where checkboxes would check/uncheck after the screen loaded.
- [Windows Touch] Fixed full screen keyboard input on windows.
- [Hiring] Fixed bug with equipment being swapped between hirelings.
- [Editor] Fixed issues in the hackable node tab.
- [Debug] Fixed command “execute <x>” where x is the name of the trigger
- [Debug] Disable keyboard hotkeys while typing in the command console field
- [Save] Fixed duplicate player bug.
- [Save] Fixed bug where some data was being retained during scene transitions.
- [Save] Fixed bug where raining begins on load.
- [Save] Fixed bug where saving to a new slot could sometimes overwrite the core autosave.
- [Save] Fixing bug where cyberware cooldowns were reset after loading from a save.
- [Barriers/Buffs] Fixing issue where barriers would not last as long as they should.
- [HUD] Fixing issue where portraits are not updated when going into combat mode.
- [PDA] Character sheets now show character's max HP as well as their current HP
- [AI] Improved AI Turn speed
- [DMS] Fixing bug where Dodger is the only hireable in the Telestrian mission.
- [Gameplay] Fixed stun immunity
- [Gameplay] Fixed issue with free spirits attacking neutral shopkeepers
- [AI] Allow AI to attack new enemies and forget old enemies when they switch teams
- [AI] Prevent AI from attacking their teammates
- [Save] Fixed bug where Nuyen increases on load
- [DMS] Duplicate hireling removed from Telestrian Office run
- [Save] Fixed bug where Nuyen is lost
- [Save] Fixed bug where story variables dropped from save file
- [AI] AI moving in freemove no longer cause player to wait
- [Gameplay] Chainshot hits all selected targets
- [Bugfix] Fixing bug where user could attempt to Doc Wagon an already revived target.
- [VFX] Creating a way to continuously loop a VFX
- [Save] Turning off the ability to toggle on Hardcore mode.
- [Save] Fixing migration issue with rewinding to a combat scene.
- [Save] Fixing some drag issues when deleting entries.
- [Save] Adding safety check to remapping.
- [Save] Don't play triggered sounds on load unless they're looping.
- [Editor] Adding toggle to show triggering actor window during conversations.
- [Editor] Adding toggle to allow player movement beyond camera regions.
- [Bugfix] Fixed issue with triggers which set vulnerabilities
- [Bugfix] Fixed some issues with AI taking a long pause to attack when on the edge of fog of war
- [Bugfix] Fixed issue with additional HP added on Cyberware install.
- [Bugfix] More clear distinction to prevent combatants from spawning inside collision tile, ambient actors can spawn wherever
- [Bugfix] Fixed issue where stunned actors who are attacked again would freeze in place
- [Bugfix] Safeguard to prevent the only player from being removed from the party if UGC sets them to AI controlled
- [Bugfix] Fixed issue with barriers being used on occupied tiles
- [Bugfix] Fixed issues with in-scene detain transitions regarding drones and spirits
- [Bugfix] Fixed some issues with IC appearing white.
- [Bugfix] Fixed issue that prevented confused actor to attack team or ally
- [Bugfix] Fixed issue with a door closing on an AI player, now will shove forward and out
- [Bugfix] Fix issue causing conversation option to be locked out (new)
- [UI] Fix issue causing enemy to show blue team disk (new)
- [Bugfix] Fix issue causing incorrect HP after character creation (new)
- [Save] Fix to issue where PC could be duplicated when rewinding a save to combat scene (new)Known Issues
- [Resolved] Barrier spells last for incorrect duration
- [Resolved] Selecting create new save will overwrite the active save
- [Resolved] Hiring list is missing from Telestrian Office run
- [Resolved] Environmental vfx not clearing between levels/saves
- [Resolved] Nuyen sometimes increases when a save is loaded
- [Resolved] Hireling duplicate for Telestrian Office run
- [Resolved] Lonestar in final scene are not passive
- [Resolved] Nuyen can be reset upon rewind
- [Resolved] Story variables can sometimes be dropped from save file
- [Resolved] AI set to Patrol in freemove cause Player to wait
- [Resolved] Chainshot does not hit all targets
- [Resolved] Zoom constraints can be broken
- [Resolved] Installing Cyberware adds more HP then it should
- [Resolved] Camera pan during combat is slow
- [Resolved] Conversation options can lock out
- [Resolved] Main character is duplicated when rewinding a save to combat scene
- Health for IC is inconsistent in Editor vs in Game
- IC may have bloated HP due to inconsistent values
- Hiring roster may be missing story characters (Coyote, Shanon Half-Sky)