Hmm so i've started over and over the game several times, because I ended with some combinations that were possible, and also i discovered some things that i didn't know, and thus i wasted some karma.
To make the newbie not repeat it again, this is the list of what i've found, which is not listed in the game :Weapon & Spell slots :
Shaman & Riggers :
- Weapons, Rigger Drones as well as Decking need one free weapon slot. Later on, you can have 2 drones in the same weapon slot.
- Each spell of mage, shaman and adept need one free spell slot (they share the same spellbook)
Street samurai & Essence points :
- A shaman can only have one summon at a time. A shaman can't summon if he already has drones under his control (active mode). Each spirit costs -1 AP per turn.
- There's two modes for drones and a button to switch the mode. In automatic mode they just follow you. If you activate a drone then it eats an AP for this turn and all turn started where it is activated. In activated mode you can move and make shoot the drones.
- When you control a spirit, during the first turn it has only 1 AP. Then, each turn, you will have to select the number of AP you give him. The more AP you want to give him, and the more far you are from him, the more chance you will have to lose its control.
- Street samurai doesn't have spells per se ; but they are the heaviest user of cyberware
- Having (n) essence points or (n and a half) is the same (for example, having 4.5 or 4 essence points is the same for your spells).
- You can't have more less than 1 essence point. Even 0.5 isn't possible.
- For every less essence point, you have one less spell you can select for a mission, and one additional cooldown. But it does not decrease their damage or their buff. This is true for every spells in the game (Shaman, mage, adept)
- The combination rigger/mage/shaman is viable and interesting, assuming you lose only 1 essence from your cyberware. The mage 1 cooldown won't disturb you, and by having shaman points, you will be able to learn Haste.
I will complete the list as I go through the game.. If you have any other examples in mind of things that are good to know, please post here.