Today we are launching the newest Phase Update for War of the Vikings - Atgeirr! With this we're releasing a bunch of new profiles, maps, a new game mode, weapons and Battlechatter 1.0!
As we are once again releasing a very major update to the game this will, unfortunately, be a big download (aprox 6gb). This is because we are replacing current game files (it's like downloading an entirely new game) with updates ones so that we do not fill up your harddrives with unused assets and take up space.
This might be the case for other upcoming Early Access updates too, but we assure you that once the game is live we will release "normal sized" updates :)
Once again we'd like to thank you all for the great deal of feedback, bug reports and suggestions we have received so far in Early Access. Keep it coming!
Spears (melee) will be released in an additional patch December 11th.
Phase Atgeirr - Full Update NotesNew Content
- Feature: Battle Chatter
Characters now speak about events taking place around them
- Feature: Added tons of voice acting
- Game Mode: Conquest
Capture all objectives to win!
- Map: Cliff (TDM, Arena & Conquest)
- Map: Sanctuary (TDM & Arena)
- Changed knockdown animations to add more variety, and make KO'd players easier to hit
- Throwing Weapon: Javelin
A devastating throwing weapon which can destroy shields
- Special Attack: Kick (Daggers)New Profiles
- All live profiles, except the base ones, have seen some loadout changes
- New spear profile added (Dec 11th)Changes
- Changed the "Hard Hitter" perk to "Chaser" on Bloodthirsty Champion
- Increased distance for viewing name tags and taggingBalance
- Lowered headshot damage on all ranged weapons across the board by 6.25%
- Increased skirmisher headshot bonus to 33%, from 25%
- Decreased headshot damage penalty on hunting bow to 20%, from 37.5%
- Increased head shot multiplier on throwing dagger to 1.2, from 1
- Increased head shot multiplier on throwing axe to 1.12, from 1
- Increased stamina loss per shot on longbow to 35%, from 25%.Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where damage was not always dealt as intended
- Fixed a crash which could occur if starting a map vote (/vote_map [Mapname] [Gamemode])
- Fixed a crash which could occur if using rcon commands during a loading screen
- Fixed a crash which could occur if joining a server which had just had it's map changed
- Fixed several issues where weapons were overlapping when unequipped
- Fixed a crash which could occur when being killed by a projectile whilst falling
- Fixed a bug where nametags could disappear if the player was tagged
- Fixed a crash which could occur if a server was running an unreleased game mode
Next update is January, and will bring customization among other things!
The War of the Vikings Team