게시 일시: 2014년 11월 22일
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition | Vindex's Review (written on November 23rd 2014) Pros
- Astonishing music that would keep you humming the tunes in your head.
- Historical figures from prominent civilizations.
- Good map of the Mediterranean with historically named provinces.
- Offers a free option to play with any of the 53 nations.
- Has a variety of political, economical, cultural and military aspects that makes the game more enjoyable.
- Many individual characters that develop their own skills and traits by interacting with other characters.
- The title is epic and it makes you feel glorious when buying it.
Summary and Final Score
- Sadly, to me, although the price seems decent enough, it wouldn't be a game to play for more than 125 hours. Probably 25 - 50 or so.
- Multiplayer doesn't seem to fit in this small game.
- Horrible and unrealistic military gameplay.
- Cannot gain new traits personally and have to rely on events.
- A.I. for barbarians are extremely ignorant. Barbarians are ignorant but how are they this ignorant?!
The game is amazing and you should definitely play it. Although there are some aspects of the game that are somewhat saddening, the game is worth buying and should be experienced with a lot of respect. (You're reliving the glorious days Rome, for Christ's sake!)
8/10 Personal Experiences
- Made a rival that is somehow one of my best character in my realm with good traits. I involuntarily assassinated him...
- Child executed for dishonoring the family. Do I 'effing care? They must die!
- My 5th Legion consisting of 15,000 men with 50% morale is somehow defeated by a Greek Army of 9,000 men with 75% morale, in an open field, with no rivers... Lost popularity for ruler.
- Barbarians can't stop invading with their 3,000 pathetic men.
- Extended the Republic/Empire from Spania to Britannia, Britannia to Germania, Germania to Graecia, Graecia to Anatolia, Anatolia to Arabia. Then lost everything thanks to a disloyal guy who can't seem to be patient enough for his consulship and an abundant of hordes of barbarians. Thanks Obama...
- Played a hands-off game as Pictii: Macedonia utterly crushed by barbarians, Rome conquered by Carthage, Seleucid Empire destroyed by Egypt and a Gallic tribe conquered all of the Gauls...