While the previous patch may have had the most changes, this patch has been a long time coming as well. We look forward to not only your feedback, but what all of you can create with this patch.
Notable New Features
- Decoration Editor: We understand that the community not only wants to build maps that can be enjoyable to play through mechanically, but also enjoyable to play through visually. The Decoration editor is now available to allow your artistic side to show within the walls of whatever map you create.
- Steam Workshop integration: We know that architects have been working and wanting places to share their maps. Steam Workshop integration is now open for everyone to peruse or share their creations. It’s important to remind people that maps created but not officially included by UnEpic do not save progression. We’ll be keeping our eyes out for the next official maps.
- Arcade mode: We now have a mode that loads a character, temporarily resets the character and gives them a level chosen by the architect. This is for maps with specific challenges or for balancing sides in PvP. As arcade maps are balanced and created for the specific purpose, no changes are made to the player file as they join or quit the map.
Additions and Adjustments
- Steam Workshop has been implemented to create and download maps from the community
- New Anti-cheat has been implemented in multiplayer
- A new official map “Scabb Dungeon” created by Corentin Brûlé is available for play
- A key in UnEpic Map “Count of Monte Orc” has been changed
- Official Map “The Key Master” has been updated
- All players can now see and read the introduction in multiplayer maps again
- Dialogs now trigger on team instead of on all players allowing them to work properly in competitive map modes.
- The decoration editor is created, you can access it by using E
- You can now change your Architecture shortcuts in Hero’s Home
- All mobs now have a statistic to allow additional HP gain per players in map. (Scaling for difficulty)
- Bug Fixes
- Dialogs no longer sound when you intend UnEpic to be muted
- Updated Skill: Tremor Information
- Fixed an issue that crashed the singleplayer game when you died at the end of the game
- Fixed an issue that crashed the game when you sorted magic while owning more than 100 spells at a time
- Fixed an issue that crashed the game when you cast polymorph on Non-NPC (Non-non-player characters...heh) as it was intended only for creatures and NPCs
- Any broken swords are still broken. Working as intended.