Organ Trail: Director's Cut

Organ Trail: Director's Cut

Did they fix the gun?
Bought this game when it first came out. Played 5 hours before I got frustrated with the controls for shooting.

I am thinking of re-downloading and was wondering if they fixed the controls? (I know it wasnt broken, but it was quirky and annoying so by fix I mean change it).

Thanks,
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Scongo May 22 @ 2:38am 
no
BMT Jun 1 @ 5:17pm 
No, it was never broken, fools just couldn't handle it. The main issue however, is that the dev gave up fixing the broken achievements and game breaking bugs. If I had a top 10 of games I really really really wish were fixed but never were this'd be number 1.
What I don't get is why everyone is making excuses for the game designer and couching it in "git gud" terms. If you want to introduce a shooting mechanic that requires you to pull away from the target before firing, you use an appropriate weapon like a bow and arrow, because that's at least intuitive. If you get complaints about how the shooting is too "easy" when you have point-and-click, introduce mechanics like the gun jamming, or faulty ammunition.

In short, the firing mechanic at present is an example of fake difficulty[tvtropes.org], and should by all rights be re-examined (although this won't happen, apparently).
Last edited by Observer; Jun 5 @ 8:10am
BMT Jun 6 @ 11:24am 
What I don't get is everyone writing out novel-length responses blaming the developer for, you know, developing. He created a unique control scheme and most people like myself learned and rolled with it within minutes. That's it, conversation over.
Can't fix what isn't broken
Originally posted by Observer:
If you get complaints about how the shooting is too "easy" when you have point-and-click, introduce mechanics like the gun jamming, or faulty ammunition.

Because nothing is more fun than RNG-based failure!
I like the game but I used my Steam copy only for card farming. The controls didn't do it for me either, so I guess I'm one of the "fools". If you want to enjoy the game, play the mobile version on a tablet, where the controls actually make sense and feel very natural. I usually don't like mobile gaming, but this one was an exception. It also features achievements, just not Steam ones. If you got the game via a Humble Bundle, you already have the Android version ;-)
Ranylyn Jul 4 @ 1:51pm 
The controls were never "broken." These are average joes, not military heroes. It's not easy to line up a good shot at a distant target and the controls reflect that; they were made this way on purpose to simulate that inexperience, and one of the NPCs you can talk to even makes fun of that with "These controls suck!"

Trust me, I DESPISE the notion of "git gud" since it's an elitist "I'd rather troll the noob than offer any kind of actual advice," and -I- think calling the controls broken completely misses the point.
Ham Man Jul 5 @ 7:16am 
Originally posted by Observer:
What I don't get is why everyone is making excuses for the game designer and couching it in "git gud" terms. If you want to introduce a shooting mechanic that requires you to pull away from the target before firing, you use an appropriate weapon like a bow and arrow, because that's at least intuitive. If you get complaints about how the shooting is too "easy" when you have point-and-click, introduce mechanics like the gun jamming, or faulty ammunition.

In short, the firing mechanic at present is an example of fake difficulty[tvtropes.org], and should by all rights be re-examined (although this won't happen, apparently).
But the shooting IS easy once you get used to the controls.



sooooo

git


gud.
Shooting is really easy, I mastered it within my first playthrough
Wasted Jul 12 @ 1:51pm 
shooting is easy and isn't broken, git gud
Wolfen Oct 25 @ 6:04am 
No, the game is still for sh*theads like you can see so many around here.
Last edited by Wolfen; Oct 25 @ 6:04am
Charcoal Nov 8 @ 12:27pm 
I noticed a lot of people use the guns wrong. Lots of people click on themself and move backwards to aim. You're supposed to click on your target then drag the mouse to you and let go. The slower and more careful you are, the better the chance of you hitting them. Its actually a really smart way to make an aiming system in a top down game but I won't get in to that. Just checking to see if thats how you shoot. try the other method if you weren't doing that before, its MUCH easier
Originally posted by Charcoal:
I noticed a lot of people use the guns wrong. Lots of people click on themself and move backwards to aim. You're supposed to click on your target then drag the mouse to you and let go. The slower and more careful you are, the better the chance of you hitting them. Its actually a really smart way to make an aiming system in a top down game but I won't get in to that. Just checking to see if thats how you shoot. try the other method if you weren't doing that before, its MUCH easier
i dont click on me or target. i click on background. the gun work fine. some people just lazy♥♥♥♥♥trained on cod
Originally posted by Charcoal:
I noticed a lot of people use the guns wrong. Lots of people click on themself and move backwards to aim. You're supposed to click on your target then drag the mouse to you and let go. The slower and more careful you are, the better the chance of you hitting them. Its actually a really smart way to make an aiming system in a top down game but I won't get in to that. Just checking to see if thats how you shoot. try the other method if you weren't doing that before, its MUCH easier
i dont click on me or target. i click on background. the gun work fine. some people just lazy♥♥♥♥♥trained on cod
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50