Mind over monsters! Kerberos to release “The Pit: MindGames” expansion
Kerberos Productions are pleased to announce the upcoming release of the first expansion to their acclaimed role-playing game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit – MindGames. MindGames will launch July 1st, 2013 on Steam and other fine digital retailers everywhere.
The Pit: MindGames expands the fun, fast, light-hearted roguelike RPG of Sword of the Stars: The Pit with new playable characters, new monsters, new levels, new weapons and items, and – best of all – psionic powers for you to unleash as you dive ever deeper into The Pit. Incorporating even more of the popular Sword of the Stars universe, the game offers a rich science fiction backdrop and sharp modern gameplay with a playful art style and accessible gameplay that are suitable to a wide audience.
“The Pit--with its random elements and permadeath--is justified in its boast of replayability…” – PC Gamer
“Has that same feeling of ‘okay, just one more run’ that both Binding of Isaac or FTL: Faster Than Light have…” – Destructoid
“Sword of the Stars: The Pit is an absolute must-play for gamers that want a new spin on an old genre.” - Indie Game HQ
· 2 New playable characters; the Human Psion and the Tarka Ranger – the first playable alien character!
· 10 New floors of ancient, evil science add to the challenge!
· New room types, including wide, multi-level biospheres!
· New traps, new weapons, new items, and new recipes!
· New game mechanics, including 28 Psionic Powers!
· New Psionic enemies to fight, drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
· 2 New Play Modes; “Infinite Mode” as well as “Seriously? Mode”, for those players that find “Insane Mode” isn’t insane enough!
· Expanded meta-game aspects, including the ability to “bank” XP and spare items from one session and start the next run of the game on a deeper level, using your “banked” equipment.
Web page: http://sots-thepit.com/