The Version 0.225.1998 is now available
Dear Black Ink users,
We’re happy to announce a new release!
Following the introduction of floating windows in the last release, we added a new “Secondary Viewport” which provides a second, independent view of your document to save unnecessary navigation while you work. It has all the common navigation and drawing capabilities of the main view to give you as much freedom as possible and create your own workflow.
We also added a log window to follow what’s happening inside Black Ink and a Preference window. This first batch of options in the preferences will help you set-up and troubleshoot your tablet as well as adjust GPU options.
On the drawing side, you can now choose whether or not to have a constant screen brush size and flip your canvas horizontally or vertically with corresponding shortcuts. Very useful for sketches!
About future updates, we are still working on our fill tools which are shaping up to be a very interesting and complementary addition to Black Ink’s features.
As always thank you for your support and see you again soon for more news!
VIDEOList of changes :
- New Secondary Viewport. This panel displays another view of the canvas with the same drawing features and live editing.
- New U shortcut: toggle Secondary Viewport
- New Drawing view can be flipped horizontally(shortcut: F) or vertically (shortcut: G)
- New The brush size can be made constant in view space or in canvas space (toggle with: Y)
- New Preferences Panel ( can be accessed from Main Menu > Edit or Main Menu > Window)
- Stylus Section : User can now monitor some parameters of their stylus.
- A calibration process is accessible now if Black Ink doesn’t retrieve correct stylus position.
- The Reset button sets the calibration values back to the driver’s default.
- The Precise stylus calibration check box discards the tablet driver’s stylus position and relies on the system’s mouse position (less accurate)
- GPU Section : User can choose a rendering API, a specific adapter and whether Black Ink should wait for the VSync of the monitor when rendering the user interface.
- New Log View panel. This panel displays logged information of Black Ink activity (shortcut: I)
- New Notification Bar : Warning and error messages are displayed on this bar if the Log panel isn’t visible.
- Fixed Rendering artifacts on some brushes
- Fixed Random crash when changing color after clicking the color button in parameter editor.
- Fixed Crash when using the Transform tool on little canvas.
- Fixed Crash when opening a grayscale JPEG image.
- Fixed Using the second button on a stylus stops the stroke and the user can’t draw until he uses another tool
- Fixed An error in color mode blending equation.
- Fixed The lasso informations are now in canvas space. This enables the user to transform the view while retaining all lasso data.
- Fixed Tool icons and brush favorites overlaps after a Black Ink Window resize
- Color palette is now interpolated in gamma space instead of linear space for easier color picking.
- The maximum zoom limit is now 6400% instead of 1600%
- TestPanel 1 and TestPanel 2 have been removed.