I, like many others, wanted to see multiple prisoners per cell, so I tried out several holding cells.http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185187496
By following this design, not only was I able to house 14 prisoners per block, but 3 toilets and 6 shower heads. In compairison, a 2x3 cell (really 3x4 including walls) in that same area would contain the same numbers (14), but lack a shower.
- By placing beds next to each other in cramped quarters, a player could house 22+ prisoners per block in contrast to a one prisoner per cell would have 14 max.
- With an on duty gaurd and toilets in plain view, escape tunnles are rare
- To many prisoners in the block? Select the prisoner and right click to a different holding cell. Officer will make the transfer.
- Before I installed metal detectors, one shake down found a spoon in every single bed and ZERO tunnels.
- Contraband durring a shake down is not claimed, so no/rare punishments.
- Searching a cell results in the entire holding cell being searched. Prisoner caught trying to take a spoon to bed (I'm not judging) make sure your lists doesn't have search cell
- Lack of privacy sky rockets on the needs list
This idea could be expanded upon further to have 50+ blocks in half the space 50+ single cells would take.