Ralle Apr 29 @ 5:17am
Malware in prison architect.exe?
My security program wont start Prison Architect due to the exe file containing malware it says, "Gemini"?????
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
mikeydsc Apr 29 @ 5:28am 
You use Nortons? If so get another freeware AV such as Avast or malwarebytes. Nortons gives lotsa falsies these days.
Ralle Apr 29 @ 5:39am 
F-Secure.
Ralle Apr 29 @ 5:58am 
Uninstalled the game. Comfirmed the gamefolder was gone from the Steammapp and reinstalled the game thruu Steam and still it is blocked due to the exe containing malware it says.......
DigitalImpostor Apr 29 @ 6:15am 
Add the game's folder to F-Secure's exception list.
Starvin247 Apr 29 @ 9:12am 
Originally posted by Ralle:
Uninstalled the game. Comfirmed the gamefolder was gone from the Steammapp and reinstalled the game thruu Steam and still it is blocked due to the exe containing malware it says.......
If you are using the same antivirus, you will get the same result. you have to use a different one.
Omar Souleyman Apr 29 @ 1:00pm 
Then you should probably get a real antivirus. Eset Nod32 is probably the best commercial AV available today. you can get Trial accounts for free on a website every 2 or three weeks or so. So you can have a legit copy for a long time. Its hardly cpu intensive or invasive at all. Theres also Microsoft Security Essential but i think it has been replaced for Windows8 and i didnt get it. Pretty everything else is crap in comparison. at least that was true when i started using N32 something like 2 years ago.

To get the trial keys, search googl for a best antivirus infographic in the pictures there is a green picture in there which tells you its adress. i cant remember it
Last edited by Omar Souleyman; Apr 29 @ 1:02pm
DigitalImpostor Apr 29 @ 1:10pm 
Originally posted by rcHELInerd:
Upload the .EXE to VirusTotal.com and watch how all 50 antivirus companies release new definitions that say this game's EXE is a false positive! 100% serious

VirusTotal.com allows AV companies to blindly add automated false positives and they claim it was an accident. AV companies thrive off of false positives.

LEGIT article backing up my statement:

http://research.pandasecurity.com/automated-false-positives/

VirusTotal is the cause of almost ALL false positives on the internet. This has been going on for years. If there is 1/50 detection, the file gets forwarded to ALL 50 antivirus companies and they blindly add the detection without checking if the file is actually malicious.

If you however send the file to the antivirus company individually, they will tell you it is clean and will fix it. Problem is VirusTotal creates an endless wave of false positives
The problem isn't VirusTotal, it's the anti-virus vendors not doing their own individual checks to see whether a file is actually infected, as the post you linked to states.

Originally posted by FR✖FΛDΣD:
Then you should probably get a real antivirus. Eset Nod32 is probably the best commercial AV available today. you can get Trial accounts for free on a website every 2 or three weeks or so. So you can have a legit copy for a long time. Its hardly cpu intensive or invasive at all. Theres also Microsoft Security Essential but i think it has been replaced for Windows8 and i didnt get it. Pretty everything else is crap in comparison. at least that was true when i started using N32 something like 2 years ago.

To get the trial keys, search googl for a best antivirus infographic in the pictures there is a green picture in there which tells you its adress. i cant remember it
I usually go off the lists at http://www.av-test.org/ when deciding which anti-virus to use.
MasacruAlex Apr 29 @ 1:27pm 
Avira Free Antivirus = best + windows firewall = GG.
DigitalImpostor Apr 29 @ 1:27pm 
Originally posted by rcHELInerd:
Exactly and why would they do their checks. It would cost them time and tons of money to not add false positives.
It's also the responsible thing to do.

Originally posted by rcHELInerd:
The only solution is VirusTotal to create a whitelisting service that does not push false positive files. One GREAT day there is going to be a class action lawsuit against VT.
VirusTotal is just a frontend for the antivirus programs. It's up to the developers of the anti-virus programs to create accurate definitions.
DigitalImpostor Apr 29 @ 1:36pm 
Originally posted by rcHELInerd:
That article is years old and nothing has changed. You will never be able to get all of the antivirus companies to NOT accept free money (false positives)

You have to go to the SOURCE (VirusTotal) and get them to do the right thing. I have dealt with this for years.
VirusTotal gets the suspect file and sends it to the anti-virus companies for them to check. It's not VirusTotal's fault if the anti-virus companies just assume the file is infected.
DigitalImpostor Apr 29 @ 2:03pm 
Originally posted by rcHELInerd:
If they sent a message "Hey actually check this file" along with it, software developers would not have such a hard job.
That's basically what's happening when a file is sent, it's just the anti-virus companies aren't doing what they're supposed to.

Originally posted by rcHELInerd:
It is already like one of the most frustrating things you can do without this false positive problem that everyone is vulnerable to thanks to VirusTotal.com paid by AV companies.
False positives are mostly caused by heuristics identifying code in a legitimate file as being a virus, not by VirusTotal.
Morre Umenlake Apr 29 @ 2:29pm 
better than a condom!

FREE,
Easy,
CONDOM PROTECTION

http://www.avast.com/
Darren Wilson Apr 29 @ 2:33pm 
> not useing malwarebytes
Morre Umenlake Apr 29 @ 2:42pm 
Originally posted by Ralle:
My security program wont start Prison Architect due to the exe file containing malware it says, "Gemini"?????

But to answer your question:

No, there's no Malware in Introversions games.... You silly ^^
Ralle May 4 @ 3:07am 
Funny to see your question. Logged in to update. :D

Have been in contact with F-Secure and a long time later with mail they claimed never arrived and so on I got "the" answer today. the exe program is wrongly flagged and is to be corrected in an update from F-Secure. The exe file contains no malware they said.

I already had guessed so but I wanted them to tell me their program was wrong...........
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 29 @ 5:17am
Posts: 21