Publicada: 1 de março
There are many flaws with this game, still I quite enjoyed it (at a discount purchase).
- There are way too many collectibles (nearing 200). You need to collect a random number of things to unlock a story (e.g. 14 chainsaws). That's way too many and after collecting the necessary collectibles in the first section of the game I never did it again.
- Sometimes you need to collect clues and the prompt for them are very precise. You need to angle the camera in just the right way which is very annoying for a game that's focused on that.
- You need to battle demons in this game. It's by far the worst part which consists of teleporting between safe spots and trying to sneak up behind them. When I had the opportunity, I just ran by them to enter the next section.
- It can be hard to find your way. This is partially because you can just walk through walls which is disorientating. At a later point in the game you learn to teleport which makes it even worse.
- There are stealth section in this way where you need to guide your human partner while distracting guards by ringing the phone and other poltergeisty stuff. I didn't mind this is as much since it's easy and you don't seem to be able to fail (which I consider a good thing).
- You sometimes posses a cat and run through vents because... you're in Salem?
- There are (near) instant death traps and you die so incredibly fast, it's kindof funny? They just consist of black spots on the ground and are easily avoidable.
I enjoyed this game the best when I ignored the side stuff and just focused on the main case where you're trying to solve your own murder. I bypassed the demon battle sections as best I could. The cat scenes were ok but unnecessary. The stealth sections where you guide your partner was kindof fun. The main meat was the investigation stuff where you collect clues and try to figure out what precisely happened at the crime scene. I completed this game in 5 hours which is probably not worth it at full price but it was for me and I found that the story didn't drag.
Go buy it in a sale!