Indsendt: 25. juni
Ok, so, here it goes - Planetary Annihilation
(actual pros and cons underneath this long, useless text :3 )
I bought it during the Beta, I suppose, as I paid around 50EUR for it. Let me put it this way - I officially played it for 30 mins, before deletion and a lot of raging about the devs. I couldn't even launch the damned thing correctly without it crashing and bla bla bla, I basically considered those 50EUR lost.
Jump forward in time, it's the end of June. I felt, like giving it another try, because I saw, that it was actually frequently updated. Launched the game - would you look at that, it actually works. Oh wow, there are more than 4 free Commanders. Ok, no tutorial. Hmmm, well, what the heck, Uber size map and easy difficulty, that should give me some headstart.
Ok, explored uncontested planetary system. Nice, seems to have a good item to upgrade my giant death machine. Jump to the next system - enemy system. Ok, let's do this, how hard can it be, right?
Should have learned the in game guide, get destroyed in 15-20 mins. Ok, shut down the game, cause I'm a sore loser! Don't judge me, we all have those times, and we don't want to lose in an RTS game. Turn it back on, read the basics - ok, let's give it another try. I actually manage to win. Nice!
I've only put around 5,5 hrs in the game, and I'm (surprising to even myself) hooked. I haven't discovered all the tech, I haven't even conquered more than 6 planets in a single game and I ragequit another, cause I lost and it autosaved it.
- The area, where the game takes place is humongous, like, damn
- The instructions are fairly simple and after a few games, you begin to understand the functions of your units/buildings/other crap
- Haven't explored far enough, but damn, I can crush a planet or a moon into another planet
- Personal Death Star is something, I'm certainly looking for
- Considering, where this game was 9 months ago, I would say, that it has progressed greatly
- The devs seem to be intent on bringing this game back out of the sespool, it was in during it's infancy, which I respect a lot
- Haven't seen a real training mission or any other teaching method other than the guide (which actually is pretty good)
- Want to enjoy it more, than me? Have a better pc/laptop than me! (I'm making diner, so ill show my specs later)
- Can get frustrating, when you lack the knowledge, but since it's fairly easy to learn the game, this is not an issue.
This was the first developer ever, that has ♥♥♥♥♥♥ me off so far, I even wrote a hate post on their forums, I think. However, these guys are also the first ones, who didn't abandon a half finished game and just took our money. Sure, right now, I can't say, it is worth 50-60 EUR. But now I finally see, that my money is well spent and I wasn't betrayed by this company.
Don't look at the negative reviews, unless they have been made in the last 2 months, cause this game evolvs fairly quickly, if you take a look at how often and how large the patches are.
As it stands now, I cannot say, how much I would rate it, but it has cought my attention and I suggest, you try it out.
Good luck, fellow Commanders, and let's Annihilate!