- DirectX 9.0c redistributables: These are really important. There is a dll we aren't shipping yet - d3dx9_43.dll. Please make sure your DirectX install is complete: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
- Are your graphics drivers up to date? No really; not updated two months ago... have you updated them in the last week?
Make sure you download your drivers from the graphics card manufacturer website:
* For integrated Intel GPUs: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx
* For Nvidia GPUs: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
* For ATI/AMD GPUs: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
Drivers on laptop manufacturer websites are usually outdated; don't use them to update video card drivers if possible.
- Are your sound card drivers up to date? Updating sound card drivers has fixed a number of people's crash-on-launch problems.
- Make sure TCP out from 9000 - 9032 is open in your firewall ; if you don't know how to do this, you'll need to google some tutorials, since it's different on every single router.
If all else fails, please come visit the Uber PA Alpha Support Forum:http://forums.uberent.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=71