PA Alpha Build 52168
- System Builder is now available in experimental mode. No saving/loading of systems yet. Use mass to determine what planets can orbit other planets (only a lower mass planet can orbit a large mass body with the sun being the exception. No binary systems yet.) You can also add placeholder (simple primitive) planets in the system editor by pressing 'a'.
- UI Updates: Mouse over on units provides significantly more detail about the state of the unit, and in the case of builders, what they're building
- Ongoing improvements to unit flocking and flow field path finding
- AI not only builds to advanced factories now, but fabbers will also assist now. Build air defenses!
- Metal spots now have a mode where you can turn on a strategic icon for them.
- Particularly useful on mostly water planets.
- Advanced bombers will no longer do double damage to primary target (main damage + splash)
- Commander can no longer build nukes or anti-nukes.
- Ctrl-P now has more modes. It cycles between Client, Server and Sim stats.
- When reporting "lag" or framerate issues, please make note of the frame rate on each of these pages as it's helpful in determining where the problem was with performance.
- Random name cycle button for planet editor
- Fix for linux not translating Ctrl+[key] and Shift+[key] key presses properly
- The client should now make use of your display name if you have one set (http://store.uberent.com/account/MyAccount)
- Never ending circle nukes shouldn't any more.
- Quick match now is 1v1, and also fixes an issue where quick match frequently wasn't working.
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2013 @ 10:22pm