Mr. George J. Huff ,Esq. Aug 1, 2013 @ 9:41am
Ping Uber - Purchasing Loophole?
During discussions with one of our more disreputable members, he has claimed to have purchased PA from Uber, obtained a refund from Valve (?) , but still kept access to the game. This is only one anonymous Internet user so their honesty and integrity cannot be assessed. However, the practice offends me enough to inquire. Is such action possible? If so, can it be stopped? While we might disagree on certain issues, everybody agrees that Uber should be paid for their work.

Please advise.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
SXX Aug 1, 2013 @ 9:54am 
Actually Uber have information about any refunds they probably did, but there might be account linking issue. Good news it's should be fairly easy to check something like that and revoke access for everybody who try to cheat this way.

Let's wait before somebody of Uber comment here, or I'll send them email directly then.
Mr. George J. Huff ,Esq. Aug 1, 2013 @ 10:03am 
Originally posted by ShX:
Actually Uber have information about any refunds they probably did, but there might be account linking issue. Good news it's should be fairly easy to check something like that and revoke access for everybody who try to cheat this way.

Let's wait before somebody of Uber comment here, or I'll send them email directly then.

That seems to be where the loophole is implied - between Valve and Uber.

I hope verification is as easy as you suggest. It really offends me to see someone enjoying this, or any game, without paying for it.
SXX Aug 1, 2013 @ 10:05am 
Originally posted by Mr. George J. Huff ,Esq.:
That seems to be where the loophole is implied - between Valve and Uber.

I hope verification is as easy as you suggest. It really offends me to see someone enjoying this, or any game, without paying for it.
Too bad for Steam users, now they will be forced to run game though Steam I think.

Or not, if there some API to check if Steam user own game or not.
Last edited by SXX; Aug 1, 2013 @ 10:07am
UberGaf  [developer] Aug 1, 2013 @ 10:11am 
If this is the case, it's a bug. I'll make sure this is investigated today. Fortunately, it should be easy to retroactively fix.
Mr. George J. Huff ,Esq. Aug 1, 2013 @ 10:14am 
Originally posted by UberGaf:
If this is the case, it's a bug. I'll make sure this is investigated today. Fortunately, it should be easy to retroactively fix.

Thank you for the fast response.
SXX Aug 1, 2013 @ 11:17am 
Anyway I think you need to linked thread where you seen this guy (I checked it now).
If he have icon at his nickname it's mean he haven't get refunds from Valve, so it's probably one more troll.

And actually when you request steam key from Uber store you can't get refund I think.
Last edited by SXX; Aug 1, 2013 @ 11:18am
Mr. George J. Huff ,Esq. Aug 1, 2013 @ 3:26pm 
Originally posted by UberGaf:
If this is the case, it's a bug. I'll make sure this is investigated today. Fortunately, it should be easy to retroactively fix.

If possible, could we get a report either way? I'd like to stamp out the FUD being spread by certain trolls. It doesn't need any behind-the-scenes information -- just "fixed" or "no hole" would work.
Last edited by Mr. George J. Huff ,Esq.; Aug 1, 2013 @ 3:42pm
SXX Aug 1, 2013 @ 3:30pm 
Originally posted by Mr. George J. Huff ,Esq.:
If possible, could we get a report either way? I'd like to stamp out the FUD being spread by certain trolls. It doesn't need any behind-the-scenesl information -- just "fixed" or "no hole" would work.
This actual guy had game icon at his name. I'ts mean he's not having any refund from Valve.

And actually I totally sure that when you request Steam key at Uber store you won't be able to make refund anymore because you actually not Uber client. So I suggest it's was just troll.
Variant (Banned) Aug 24, 2013 @ 10:49am 
Originally posted by Mr. George J. Huff ,Esq.:
Originally posted by ShX:
Actually Uber have information about any refunds they probably did, but there might be account linking issue. Good news it's should be fairly easy to check something like that and revoke access for everybody who try to cheat this way.

Let's wait before somebody of Uber comment here, or I'll send them email directly then.

That seems to be where the loophole is implied - between Valve and Uber.

I hope verification is as easy as you suggest. It really offends me to see someone enjoying this, or any game, without paying for it.
Let me quote this and copy paste it onto a video so that everyone knows your scamming people
Mr. George J. Huff ,Esq. Aug 24, 2013 @ 3:04pm 
Originally posted by TheWarrior141:
Originally posted by Mr. George J. Huff ,Esq.:

That seems to be where the loophole is implied - between Valve and Uber.

I hope verification is as easy as you suggest. It really offends me to see someone enjoying this, or any game, without paying for it.
Let me quote this and copy paste it onto a video so that everyone knows your scamming people

You got yourself banned before you could provide the link. What a shame.
Last edited by Mr. George J. Huff ,Esq.; Aug 24, 2013 @ 3:05pm
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 1, 2013 @ 9:41am
Posts: 10