SaltedSeahorse Jun 13, 2013 @ 3:58pm
Mac OS X?
What happened to the OS X and linux versions??? I was so excited to buy this then I saw the price and that there was no support for OS X. Bring it back!!
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
ooo27  [developer] Jun 13, 2013 @ 4:08pm 
OSX and Linux are available now. Stability is still an issue, but we're hard at work right now beating them in to shape.
d10sfan Jun 13, 2013 @ 4:10pm 
Originally posted by ooo27:
OSX and Linux are available now. Stability is still an issue, but we're hard at work right now beating them in to shape.
Are they available from the site too? I backed the kickstarter, so don't have a steam key yet
SaltedSeahorse Jun 13, 2013 @ 4:11pm 
Great! Looking forward to getting this game in the near future! (Beta proboably, $90 is too much for me right now)
UberGaf  [developer] Jun 13, 2013 @ 4:17pm 
We are working on two things in parallel. One is getting our launcher to run smoothly on Mac and Linux, which is proving harder/slower than anticipated. The other is the "key exchange" where you can convert your Kickstarter/Uber store alpha access into a Steam key. The Steam distribution for Mac and Linux is currently all dialed in - though as ooo27 mentioned, the game itself is not fully stable on those two platforms.
Last edited by UberGaf; Jun 13, 2013 @ 4:18pm
d10sfan Jun 13, 2013 @ 4:22pm 
Originally posted by UberGaf:
We are working on two things in parallel. One is getting our launcher to run smoothly on Mac and Linux, which is proving harder/slower than anticipated. The other is the "key exchange" where you can convert your Kickstarter/Uber store alpha access into a Steam key. The Steam distribution for Mac and Linux is currently all dialed in - though as ooo27 mentioned, the game itself is not fully stable on those two platforms.
Ah ok, any timeline on the steam key exchange?

The steam version dosen't use the launcher?
UberGaf  [developer] Jun 13, 2013 @ 4:31pm 
With SMNC we rolled the Uber Launcher into the Steam distro because Steam wasn't able to produce reasonably sized updates; they were ~ 1 GB for one patch vs 10-50 MB with our launcher. With PA, the way the game is laid out, Steam patches it quite nicely, so we felt that not having Steam launch our launcher would reduce complexity and be better for everyone.

In short, the steam version dosen't use the launcher.

They key exchange should be "very soon". Perhaps by this weekend. No later than next week.
Last edited by UberGaf; Jun 13, 2013 @ 4:31pm
d10sfan Jun 13, 2013 @ 4:33pm 
Originally posted by UberGaf:
With SMNC we rolled the Uber Launcher into the Steam distro because Steam wasn't able to produce reasonably sized updates; they were ~ 1 GB for one patch vs 10-50 MB with our launcher. With PA, the way the game is laid out, Steam patches it quite nicely, so we felt that not having Steam launch our launcher would reduce complexity and be better for everyone.

In short, the steam version dosen't use the launcher.

They key exchange should be "very soon". Perhaps by this weekend. No later than next week.
Ok thanks for the info!
Terminator Jun 13, 2013 @ 11:01pm 
I'm a $20 backer, and I'm on a Mac, when I recieve my e-mail key will I be able to redeem it on steam? I was a bit confused by this thread?
[LINUX] Liam Jun 14, 2013 @ 2:39am 
Originally posted by ooo27:
OSX and Linux are available now. Stability is still an issue, but we're hard at work right now beating them in to shape.
Wait so available as in you can download a Linux version right now? If not that statement was a little poorly worded :(
Last edited by [LINUX] Liam; Jun 14, 2013 @ 2:42am
Ianrp76 Jun 14, 2013 @ 11:32am 
It still says only windows on the buy page on steam... Does your site have the OS X version?
[LINUX] Liam Jun 14, 2013 @ 1:16pm 
Apparently the Linux & Mac versions are on Steam, find that frustrating as a pre-order & Kickstarter backer that it got to Steam first before us.
[Uber] Garat  [developer] Jun 14, 2013 @ 4:45pm 
Mac (And Linux) support are already in progress. We have a functional build for Mac already - though with a few weird bugs we're fixing today, and expect to make a new build tonight that at least gets it fairly playable.

Linux needs a bit more work, but once we've had at least a weekend to test things out for each build, expect both to show up in the supported platforms again, and with the right min requirements. We just decided since a build really wasn't ready, we didn't want to advertise it at start.
[LINUX] Liam Jun 15, 2013 @ 1:54am 
I am actually helping with the Linux testing now, made an Ubuntu 13.04 thread in the Linux sub forum :)
xash00 Jun 16, 2013 @ 5:58am 
How is the Mac version on steam going, good?
mrPrimetime Jun 16, 2013 @ 7:23am 
Is it going to be cross platform multiplayer
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2013 @ 3:58pm
Posts: 17