For anyone experiencing a crash at startup, here's a potential workaround for you to try until we get a fix for this pushed out in our next update (version 2.0.5). A big thanks to community member Phoenix
for helping us identify this workaround.STEP 1: Backup Your Save Files
STEP 2: Replace Your Existing Saves
- Go to the folder that your save files are located in. On Windows you can find this at ".../Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Godus/Windows/" or on Mac you can find this at ".../Users/(username)/Library/Application Support/godus/".
- Copy/paste over any files in the folder that starts with "prf" to a safe location on your computer
STEP 3: Restart GODUS
- Delete everything in the prf folder except the following files:
- The above files should now be all that you currently have in your "prf" folder
- Rename "state.back" to "state.bin"
- Launch GODUS and it will hopefully work for you now
- Keep in mind you can always go back to your backed up saves by putting them back into the "prf" folder
If the above steps still don't resolve your startup issue, then be sure to get in touch with us at Support@22Cans.com or Support.22Cans.com. Also be sure to include your verbose files and system information when you do. For more info on where to find the files you'll need to attach, just head over here