Mars: War Logs > Technical Support > Topic Details
Bigg Jiggs Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:56am
Loading....
Loading...

Why for the love of god does a game in this day an age have such long loading screens!? It takes at least 30 seconds & up to 2 minutes for anything to load & the areas aren't that big so why does it take so frigging long to load?

This wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have to load every 10-15 minutes. It's like playing a game with commercial breaks!

My specs:

WIndows 7 64bit

AMD Phenom 2 X6 1075T 3GHz Processor

ATI Radeon HD 5670 GPU

6GB RAM
Last edited by Bigg Jiggs; Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:05pm
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
epanism Oct 2, 2013 @ 3:11am 
It wasn't that long. tsk tsk tsk kids these days don't have any patience. Back in my days I have to walk 30 minutes just to play crappy arcade games.
orb Oct 2, 2013 @ 4:28am 
Originally posted by Bojang <TG>:
It takes at least 30 seconds & up to 2 minutes for anything to load & the areas aren't that big so why does it take so frigging long to load?
You mean 3 seconds between areas and up to 20 seconds when loading the game, right?
MasterCrumble Oct 2, 2013 @ 4:52am 
Share your system specs for us! Then we can in a not so kind way tell you it's poor and smelly.
Affliction Oct 2, 2013 @ 5:47am 
Originally posted by Bojang <TG>:
Loading...

Why for the love of god does a game in this day an age have such long loading screens!? It takes at least 30 seconds & up to 2 minutes for anything to load & the areas aren't that big so why does it take so frigging long to load?

Upgrade your 1993 computer then
Excalibur's Anus Oct 2, 2013 @ 9:13am 
bro do u evn ssd
KEV1N Oct 2, 2013 @ 10:30am 
Remember when games came on cassettes and took 5+ minutes to load?
Cenobite Oct 2, 2013 @ 1:14pm 
Only 3 sec loading for me as well, and my computer is 4 years old...
Bigg Jiggs Oct 2, 2013 @ 1:58pm 
Wow! Look at all the trolls!

First, My PC isn't that old.

2nd. Don't comment unless you have something to actually add to the thread that isn't "DUR TROLOLOL!"
Last edited by Bigg Jiggs; Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:03pm
Bigg Jiggs Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:06pm 
Originally posted by orb:
Originally posted by Bojang <TG>:
It takes at least 30 seconds & up to 2 minutes for anything to load & the areas aren't that big so why does it take so frigging long to load?
You mean 3 seconds between areas and up to 20 seconds when loading the game, right?

I wish. I'm having load times 10x longer than that.
The Tarman Oct 3, 2013 @ 1:48am 
Originally posted by epanism:
It wasn't that long. tsk tsk tsk kids these days don't have any patience. Back in my days I have to walk 30 minutes just to play crappy arcade games.

Liar! Those arcade games were AWESOME
The Tarman Oct 3, 2013 @ 1:52am 
Originally posted by Bojang <TG>:
Wow! Look at all the trolls!

First, My PC isn't that old.

2nd. Don't comment unless you have something to actually add to the thread that isn't "DUR TROLOLOL!"

lol what information were you hoping to glean off of the community with your green as ♥♥♥♥ OP? lol..."Look at all the trolls!" this guy says.....look in the mirror broslice!
Neptali Oct 3, 2013 @ 3:03am 
I remember when I was a young lad playing games, and it took 5 minutes or more to load a map, and this was back during the Dream Cast days. This game runs amazing on my labtop, takes no longer then 3 sec to load a map, and maybe 5 sec for cutscenes. I never had the luxery of fast loading times and amazing graphics in games as a kid growing up. Kids these days...
Opyt Oct 3, 2013 @ 10:04am 
To be fair; they weren't out of hand in requesting that you post your specs. I've also seen a difference in loading times from a Raptor (15k rpm) and a more standard 7800rpm HDD. Might also want to try to defrag your game files or the drive that Steam is installed to. Sometimes it helps. Other times... well Prototype 2 on an ATI card is a bad example.
e.j Oct 4, 2013 @ 4:37am 
better graf = longer loading and/or better equip needet
ecobra Oct 4, 2013 @ 2:48pm 
ur pc must be old or a bargin self sale wow
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50