andrew.rodgers_1083 Nov 20, 2013 @ 3:33am
Some bizzare things going on here
Why are Man Utd dominating the league in career mode
why is Suarez who is rated as a top world striker in real life only 3 stars.
Also Torres going on loan to championship clubs and Hazard going out on loan.
Not to mention constantly dominating games but not scoring
What is going on?
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
GusKTA Nov 20, 2013 @ 10:16am 
Nothing you mentioned there was bizzare, everything was plausible. Why should a world class team like Man utd not dominate the league? Torres going on loan is possible as chelsea have two other capable strikers as well as players like mata and de bryne who could drift into that position if needed. as for hazard going on loan, that sounds weird so i can only assume it is his brother thorgan hazard you saw on loan. Your last problem however is probably shared by everyone else playing this game since fm13; I've played matches against where i had 33 shots, 5 on target,1 goal and 70% possesion while the opposition also had 1 goal from 12 shots
andrew.rodgers_1083 Nov 22, 2013 @ 1:03am 
If you think that torress going on loan to Sunderland when they had been relegated is realistic I will get onto Poyet now and tell him to get Jose on the phone. Torres would not got on loan to a prem team never mind drop down a league even if Chelsea accepted the offer.

unskilled- Nov 22, 2013 @ 1:08am 
You never know. This game takes place in an "alternate reality" so to speak. These games attempt to simulate a person's mental attributes without really knowing who they are, so of course there will be things that may seem "unrealistic". I mean really, who would fire a coach and hire you (or me, even worse haha) to take over their team when they already have a talented coach inplace?
GusKTA Nov 22, 2013 @ 3:38am 
torres going on loan is completley feasibile although i didn't know sunderland got relegated, that definitely makes it a lot less likely to happen in real life
Lonely_wolf Nov 22, 2013 @ 6:03am 
Originally posted by unskilled-:
You never know. This game takes place in an "alternate reality" so to speak. These games attempt to simulate a person's mental attributes without really knowing who they are, so of course there will be things that may seem "unrealistic". I mean really, who would fire a coach and hire you (or me, even worse haha) to take over their team when they already have a talented coach inplace?


Well, you are partially right.
Although it's clear the game tries to simulate a alternate reality, it yet tries to make it reasonable.
Ok Man. Utd. dominate the league. However, win a game with Spurs 9 x 1. oO. And, in the same campaign, draw with Norwich 1 x 1. And my team, Chelsea, dominate all the games, but score one goal per match, and draw mostly of them, with no goals of the attackers, no matter against who, or what formation I choose.
About the club sign with you... If you choose to start the campaign unemplyed, or get fired, the game will evaluate your history (when you do the manager profile, or what you have done while playing), and the system will use it to make a club sign with you or not. Bur, if you choose to manage the Real Madrid since the beginning, it's because you choose, not the game.
Well. The game is clearly with a lot of bugs. I will return to the FM 12 until SI fix it... If they do so.
rebel78 Nov 22, 2013 @ 6:14am 
Originally posted by chibyKTA:
Nothing you mentioned there was bizzare, everything was plausible. Why should a world class team like Man utd not dominate the league? Torres going on loan is possible as chelsea have two other capable strikers as well as players like mata and de bryne who could drift into that position if needed. as for hazard going on loan, that sounds weird so i can only assume it is his brother thorgan hazard you saw on loan. Your last problem however is probably shared by everyone else playing this game since fm13; I've played matches against where i had 33 shots, 5 on target,1 goal and 70% possesion while the opposition also had 1 goal from 12 shots

As an Arsenal fan I can testify that it is not unrealistic for us to have 70% possession, 20 shots at goal, and lose 1 -0 to the oppositions solitary chance; a bundled, ricocheted attack which ends with a wild shot that hits a defender, loops over the keeps and goes in (and this usually occurs in the the last few minutes). It doesn't happen every game, but it certainly does happen now and again, probably to every team capable of totally dominating a game..
Last edited by rebel78; Nov 22, 2013 @ 6:15am
Lonely_wolf Nov 22, 2013 @ 6:32am 
I'm not saying that it's not possible. Only that it's impossible in every game. I'm a Chelsea fan. We were championf in the UEFA Champions League playing in full defense, with less shots and possession than the rival, specially Barcelona and Bayern. But it was full defense. In FM 14 no matter if you are full defense or full offense, you will suffer a lot of goals, and will not score. I'm telling, I've tried everything. There are bugs with the defenders and the strikers.
andrew.rodgers_1083 Nov 22, 2013 @ 7:08am 
The Man U thing is getting ridiculous. First Season they got 89 points with a +61 goal difference and won the league by 15 points. Its now Feb 1st in 2nd season they are 12 points clear with a +33 goal differance and a game in hand over 2nd place. Unless people haven't noticed Man U are massively struggling in 'real life' and where predicted by most to do so. This is not even close to reality. You could understand if they won they league but this is truely dominating.
GusKTA Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:14am 
"Predicted by most to do so" Actually they were favorites to win the titile again, man utd dominated the league last season; the makers of this game saw that and obviously realised that you don't need a world class team to dominate team chemistry and coaching obviously go a long way. If you had gotten the results that you claim man utd had No one would hear complaints from you because those results would just be a testament to your skill right?


Originally posted by andrew.rodgers_1083:
The Man U thing is getting ridiculous. First Season they got 89 points with a +61 goal difference and won the league by 15 points. Its now Feb 1st in 2nd season they are 12 points clear with a +33 goal differance and a game in hand over 2nd place. Unless people haven't noticed Man U are massively struggling in 'real life' and where predicted by most to do so. This is not even close to reality. You could understand if they won they league but this is truely dominating.
jukkalevela Nov 22, 2013 @ 12:19pm 
andrew is spot on. I've played this series since CM and FM13 and FM14 compete for the worst match engine nomination (although FM13 with last patch was playable). I've played FM14 with Liverpool two seasons and won league but the match engine is still very bad. It's not just Suarez - every striker either shoots post or straight at keeper - except for Chelsea and ManU who score at will no matter which tactic you'll use. It's now clear that FM-series is worth buying after January window update where hopefully also match engine actually reacts to instructions given in tactics. (not to mention all other bugs)
GusKTA Nov 23, 2013 @ 7:17pm 
Originally posted by Midfield General:
Originally posted by chibyKTA:
Nothing you mentioned there was bizzare, everything was plausible. Why should a world class team like Man utd not dominate the league? Torres going on loan is possible as chelsea have two other capable strikers as well as players like mata and de bryne who could drift into that position if needed. as for hazard going on loan, that sounds weird so i can only assume it is his brother thorgan hazard you saw on loan. Your last problem however is probably shared by everyone else playing this game since fm13; I've played matches against where i had 33 shots, 5 on target,1 goal and 70% possesion while the opposition also had 1 goal from 12 shots

As an Arsenal fan I can testify that it is not unrealistic for us to have 70% possession, 20 shots at goal, and lose 1 -0 to the oppositions solitary chance; a bundled, ricocheted attack which ends with a wild shot that hits a defender, loops over the keeps and goes in (and this usually occurs in the the last few minutes). It doesn't happen every game, but it certainly does happen now and again, probably to every team capable of totally dominating a game..
How do you explain this? http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/702855500449144017/1FD6309E062FC331058344C410B6BDF846B2A1BC/
Lonely_wolf Nov 23, 2013 @ 7:27pm 
Totally insane...
FaboForever Nov 23, 2013 @ 8:09pm 
look at the shots to shots on target ratio, its awful. I think their probably using 'shoot on sight' i tried that for a few games from start to finish an i got in the 40+ shots mark but on target was poor, around 7-10. Man are not dominating possession it looks like they shoot from anywhere.

Really though the engine on this FM has gone unrealistically doolally! strikers are useless. might as wel play 4-6-0. I seem to be thanking the midfield for every win anyway so whats the point in using a striker. Dumb game but i love it :/
GusKTA Nov 23, 2013 @ 8:47pm 
Originally posted by FaboForever:
look at the shots to shots on target ratio, its awful. I think their probably using 'shoot on sight' i tried that for a few games from start to finish an i got in the 40+ shots mark but on target was poor, around 7-10. Man are not dominating possession it looks like they shoot from anywhere.

Really though the engine on this FM has gone unrealistically doolally! strikers are useless. might as wel play 4-6-0. I seem to be thanking the midfield for every win anyway so whats the point in using a striker. Dumb game but i love it :/
i was using work ball into the box and retatin possesion with a 4-2-3-1 formation and rooney, RVP, Kagawa podolski and Quintero were my attackers
FaboForever Nov 24, 2013 @ 5:37am 
How did that go for you did any of them bang regularly?

Im currently playing the 4-2-3-1 and Diouf (ex man u striker) is my lone attacker, Suarez, Brahimi (a guy i got on loan) and Salvio ( another loanee) are mine. Diouf has gone quiet lately but the 3 behind him are on form especially brahimi in the Enganche roll. Im currently 5th in Jan first season. Highest iv ever been, I proper simplifed the instructions on tactics. I only use 5 and 6 instructions. I wanted to intergrate a slow tempoed possession based attacting football with high pressure and a narrow shape when without the ball. Never worked so have to dumb down so the players can understand. They seem to now
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2013 @ 3:33am
Posts: 29