Додано: 27 березня
This is a really fun game. The good old core mechanics of CoH 1 are there and some minor improvements that really add to the experience. There are also some minor steps back as well, so really this game doesn't amount to better than CoH 1. In fact if you own that game already and enjoy it, keep enjoying it, this game might not be for you.
If you are new to the game alltogether, know it has a steep learning curve. Not as bad as starcraft 2 as far as microing and stuff goes, but it has really deep strategy, and there is a lot to know about the different units and ablities. That being said, it's way easier for a new person to get into than a lot of RTS games. Some of it can been pretty intitutive, as you all know tanks are really powerful and hard to kill with a rifle in real life, well guess what, same holds true in this game.
1. While this isn't about gameplay, I think it's important. Graphics are improved. This does look better, but only if you had the hardware to show it off. If your graphics card is just meh or okay, you might think CoH 1 will look better on your PC.
2. Various minor aspects of the game have been changed. I think, whle minor, they are helpful changes. Examples: Veteran status is displayed as stars above your unit. This makes it easier to see your vets, and to keep them safe. You know longer have to walk straight up to a point to capture it, you just have to be in a circle around the point. This is nice because you can protect your guys a little better, put them in cover.
1) game could have been more. I'm not sure what it is, but something is missing. I suppose I expected more out of the sequel to company of heroes 2. Really I just got company of heroes 1 with nicer graphics and minor improvements. Which is fine, since it's still a really fun game, but a little disappointing. If you don't already own the first one, you might as well get this one with the better graphics and minor improvements.
2. U.S. forces is what I play, and it doesn't seem to play the way I expected. Expect the gameplay for the americans to be very different from CoH 1.
3. Game is burdened with earned bonuses and such, that I think imbalance the game. It would take a lot of work to get this game ready for esports. I really just like fair balanced, and consistant gameplay, and while I recongize when you have a game with different factions with their own unique units and ablities, balanced gameplay is really hard to achieve, the little bonuses and things you earn from playing are not necessary.
Unfortunately, while this game may be great for a lot of people, and I'll probably play it from time to time since I already own it, I have to ask myself, would I buy again? The answer is probably not. While this is one of the best RTS out there, it could have been a LOT better.
There could have been . . .
More interesting factions, the original U.S. Forces for example, were better. They had better units and ways to use them.
Could have created this game better for esports. Standardized fair and balanced gameplay.
Could have been more focused. They are working on too many factions, campagins and the like. They should be more focused on improving and refining a basic set of factions and the core gameplay. Instead of adding a new faction, add new units to existing factions, balance them, and through help UI improvements.
So while it's fun. I can't recommend it like the original.