게시 일시: 2015년 5월 29일
Intro & Summary
A gloomy puzzle platformer with esoteric and philosophical references and great visuals and mechanics, The Swapper is everything Braid should've been, and more.
One major benefit of The Swapper is the complete lack of repetition. The puzzle mechanics are the same throughout the entire game but not once does it feel repetitive or samey. Variety keeps the landscape moving.
* Very challenging puzzles that force you to think to overcome
* Distinctive style that helps the game feel obscure and alien
* Subtle but powerful narrative
This is such a well crafted game and the developers have clearly went for quality over quantity, opting to make sure everything is done right. There really are no glaring issues with The Swapper
* Maybe a little too hard towards the end for people looking for a more casual exploration
* Arguably too short, more content might've lifted the title a little higher
The Swapper is priced at £11.99/13.99€/$14.99 which is fairy priced on the spectrum of games of this type, but some might consider it a little high when looking at its 5 hour playtime. Fortunately it regularly goes on sale for -50% or less.
It's also available on GOG where it's a little cheaper, and includes some wallpapers to boot.
* There are a number of hidden messages, achievements and rooms throughout The Swapper. You can view them here if you don't mind the spoilers