Додано: 24 січня
I just want to say that I have been playing Cities XL Platinum for about a week now and have had no issues running or using it whatsoever. I have a nice system, but not tricked out or fancy. Quad core, 660 Nvidia card, 8gb RAM and lots of disk space.
I have had a void in my life for a long time because of the lack of Simcity and Emperor ROTMK type games. Games that were more about building your city and managing it rather than trying to figure out the interface or why you can't get the water pipes or electrical to match up. I had tried many others like Anno (althought not the latest one) but they never felt right. I want to work with the city more than I want to learn how to use the interface. Of course I want lots to do and stats to pay attention to but the combination of building my city myself and seeing it grow on its own is what I really like. Cities XL Platinum really does that for me. I will proabably buy the new one now, especially because of the discount.
What I like so far:
- Many useful tutorials. However, if you are familiar with this sort of game you will probably only need some of them.
-City building itself and placing of zones, etc is very easy to learn and there are lots of choices.
- Visually awesome looking with multiple zoom levels. I especailly like being able to zoom down to ground level to see what my city is really like. You can even click on a person or car and the camera will just follow them.
-Plenty of helpful information about your city in both statistics and graphical overlays so you can make informed choices. I especially like that the colored, graphical overlays, icons and so on show up in all the zoom levels so you can check out that information whenever you want.
- Overall, very fun and absorbing. Its easy to get focused in on my little world and lose all track of time.
- Very large and dedicated fan base with mucho mods and user content available.
What I don't like so far:
- Occasionally it is hard to manipulate the zones or roads for what I want to do. But that has been getting easier for me as I learn more about how they work and the choices I have. So I am not worried about it.
- I really have nothing bad to say.
I wish that I would have played this a long time ago.