We're mostly back up and running again, the internet has been mostly stable with some occasional drops here and there. Thank you all for your patience!
"Too many threads" crash potential workaround
We're still investigating the "Too many threads" crash as a matter of priority and we believe we may be getting closer to the root cause. Thanks in no small part to Anialator100 on our forums[forum.subterraneangames.com]
who has dedicated time to help us nail it down.
As part of the investigation into the issue we found that his crash was caused by V-Sync being disabled, when V-Sync is enabled the crash no longer occurs. This would seem to indicate some code is firing incorrectly when there is a significant jump in Frame Rate.
For now we believe that enabling V-Sync may be a potential work-around while we continue to hunt the errant code. Please let us know if this does or does not work for you!
WFTO v1.0.25 Patch NotesPerformance Optimisations
- Another major optimisation to the rendering of Fog of War, roughly a 40% speed increase for FoW rendering and should improve unity's performance overall
- Other minor performance improvements to backend systems
Graphical & UI Changes
- Fixed an issue where enemy units wouldn't show level up VFX
- Fixed an incorrect camera position in the level 8 intro
- Fixed an issue when returning to posession after a cutsene
- The first highlight in level 1 no longer overstays it's welcome after objective completition
- Fixed an issue where the height of objects would be incorrect on the first map loaded
- Enemy props will no longer show highlights (Especially the torture racks on level 6)
- Numerous fixes to home realm
- Fixed an issue where defences on level 13 were not being properly rebuilt whne furnaces were active
- Fixed an issue where small gaps were appearing between certain types of Empire theme tiles
- Fixed a bug where a large square would appear when a Witch Doctor was affected by Blood Money
- Several backend Multiplayer fixes
- Fixed an issue where Fog of War revealers that had a growing radius were not working correctly
- Beasts who have recently fought in the Arena will now correctly respond to their rally groups
- Workers will no longer continue attempting to build the warding totem for ever.
- Fixed a bug where dropping a unit next to an AI controlled dungeon could result in the unit getting struck by lightning mid-air, preventing a correct drop
- Fixed a bug which caused prisoners and tortured units to scream for all eternity, the gods are pleased with the silence
- Fixed an issue where the Vampire would constantly become angry faster, meaning it wasn't possible to keep him maintained on prisoners
- Fixed an issue where language settings were not remembered for the options menu
- Fixed GTA being unplayed by anyone on the team
- Increased height of Gargoyle health shield so it's now always visible
- Default textures are now set to half resolution (Can be returned to full in the options menu)
- It is now possible to spawn enemy waves in your Home Realm
- Brimstone can now store and drop gold
- Arena kill state is now set to incapacitate by default rather than kill
- Clients should now correctly quit the game if the host leaves
- AI will now ignore grabbed units for the purposes of threat
- New Settings have been added to the options menu
We'll be detailing some of the things coming in the next major patch in our weekly news tomorrow so keep your eyes peeled!
Until next time Underlords!