We''re just pushing a new patch up to Steam, the biggest improvement you'll see is that we've identified and fixed the memory leak that has been causing crashes and performance issues for a large portion of players.
Hopefully a good number of you should see some significant improvements due to this.
Our next priority is the "Too many threads" crash and we're looking to add friendly tooltips into the game soon.
We're still hunting other issues as well and rolling out improvements in other areas of the game, if you have a bug please report it on our official forums following the guidelines in this thread, it will help us get to the bottom of your issue quicker!
As for the number of this patch being a few steps further along, .16 and .17 both had critical issues and did not pass our internal QA process.
Read on for the Full patch notes!Bug Fixes
- Fixed a memory leak related to the fog of war system
- Fixed an issue where tiles were incorrectly highlighted from the start of the level
- Deleting objects is no longer instant, avoiding a caching issue
- Border tiles in all maps are now correctly visible and will not be inappropriately hidden by fog of war
- Fixed an issue where the tables and props in the tavern was not saved
- Applied a fix to the Revelation ritual, it should now work correctly
- Saves now correctly account for tile discovery
- Fixed Gamma resetting when starting a level
- Fixed an issue that occured when fog of war is disabled
- Fixed an issue where units would not gain stats when progressing to level 2
- Units no longer show their torture progress constantly when rescued from enemy props
- Fixed an issue where units were not properly released from torture props, so they could still be converted by an inquisitor or succubs after rescue
- Pathing over Sacred ground no longer constitutes as difficult for the pathfinder
- Removed unused data from the FoW system
- Fixed a bug where the material cache was causing materials to leak
- Fixed an issue where units were not updating fog of war
- Fixed C10 block positions
- Objects are now prevented from being created above walls
- Fixed an issue that allowd units to move above walls
- Fixed an issue where clients in multiplayer would not see their gold updating correctly
- Fixed an issue where C10 could not be completed due to Kenos Deaths
- Fixed AI Players not spawning workers
- Several fixes to the arena
- Fixed a bug where units would appear rotated incorrectly
- Units are now less likely to search for extremely long paths over land rather than water
- Vampires will try to avoid water wherever possible
- C8: reduced the number of enemies by about 40%
- C8: Enemies are now level 5
- C8: Ghouls and Necromancers are now more powerful
- C8: Adjusted layout of final room
- C11: Swapped water areas out for claimable bridges
- C11: It now takes 30 minutes for Mira to charge the Kenos (Up from 20)
Visuals, Audio, Etc.
- Workers will no longer flee when they have important tasks to do (Building Defences, Recovering unconscious units)
- Units will now correctly sleep when damaged
- Worker behaviour improved when delivering objects or rescuing minions while Under attack
- Workers now account for nearby threats when assigning tasks, the higher the threat the lower the priority.
- Multiple misc improvements to worker behaviour and pathing
- Other small AI Tweaks
- Campaign map highlight is now green and fire texture brightness reduced
- Empire Crypts now use the Empire Crypt tileset
- Fixed Dwarf Granite being the wrong texture
- Dwarf and Empire Granite are now a bit darker
- New unit portrait for Arcanist
- C8: Cleand up some textures
- C11: Updated all of Mira's textures, it's very shiny now
- C11: Fixed Granite being the wrong texture
- C13: Carpet tileset now uses hero connectors instead of evil archive connectors
- C13: "Dalaran" shield on now purple, matching the inhibitors
- C13: All Empire defences and tiles are now correctly team coloured as white
- The grass is greener on the other side of the fence
- Added multiple highlight colours
- Combat alert now shows a stack for the amount of units currently in combat, and flashes for each unit attacked
- Made Rally target prioritisation more reliable
- More fixes to the Game Text (Spell tooltips
- Various minor fixes to underlying systems
- Zooming to a location will now keep your camera orientation
We'll see you soon with more improvements, you can read the rest of our improvements over the past week in this thread.