Firstly, sorry for the wait on the update and we appreciate the support and patience.
We are well underway with moving towards the completion of Act III internally and decided that the first Dream of Act III is in a playable state for you all. Oh, and you will be please to know Keybindings are finally in this build! Here are the notes in this update;
- First dream of Act III available via the hub world upon completion of Act II
- The 2nd side dream of Act II is now in a playable alpha state. Can be accessed via the main Act II dream.
- Ability to toggle the player mesh.
- Added Keybinding support.
- Fixed the blurry in-game PC textures.
- Multiple Fixes/Tweaks in Act II Main dream.
- Entering Nightmare II now correctly remembers you have entered. (If you didn’t complete this nightmare but want to move onto Act III please enter the Act II Nightmare and then head to the Hub World.)
- Lights and Doors now reset on new game.
- Fixed a bug where entering the ‘Gameplay Options’ menu would toggle the Y axis.
- Keybindings is still very much early alpha stages. The keybindings work but upon re-entering this menu it will show ‘null’ as the binding even though your bindings are saved.
- Controls still move Howard on the Keybindings screen.
- No bind option for Zoom yet.
- The new Act II Side Dream doesn’t have the items menu – Will be added in an update
- No collectable items in the Act III level. Will be added upon compleation of the new inventory system as well as collectables.
- Starting a new game keeps some saves ( This is a problem with the steam cloud and not Dream, if this happens navigate to ‘\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dream’ and delete the ‘DreamSaves’ folder).
- Nightmare II text has squares in subtitles.
- No text above the Act III portal yet.
Oculus Rift DK2
We are waiting on an engine update from Oculus before we can update the rift version. Here are a few threads people have made asking about the progress. As soon as we get the engine update it shouldn’t be long before it’s in your hands!Topic_1Topic_2