GoverningLaw Oct 8, 2013 @ 9:08am
Khalid. How do you use him?
As a frontline fighter he's always getting hammered, I've relegated him to an archer to save my potions while Minsc and my Cleric/Ranger take the frontlines. He has the same AC as the two forementioned, but he's just not cutting it like a pure fighter should, I just finished Gnoll Stronghold so my party is all level 3. How do use him? Or do you just cut your losses and find someone better?
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
Talana Oct 8, 2013 @ 9:46am 
I don`t use him. I did during my first runthrough - but no more ! I want Jaheira, though, so I go to a remote map , and send Khalid alone into a hut. Then I leave the map, and never come back ;)
historiainferro Oct 8, 2013 @ 10:00am 
Originally posted by Talana:
I don`t use him. I did during my first runthrough - but no more ! I want Jaheira, though, so I go to a remote map , and send Khalid alone into a hut. Then I leave the map, and never come back ;) :clover:

GASP!
Zezbo Oct 8, 2013 @ 10:02am 
That's about all he's good for. His stats just don't cut it for a role as a good frontliner or an archer. Also his voice is very grating...
GoverningLaw Oct 8, 2013 @ 10:08am 
So instead of getting him killed (on purpose) I can just abandon him on a map? Jaheira wont mind? I guess I'll have to keep him around until someone better comes along. I dont remember many good aligned fighter to choose from. It's been quite a while since I played this game...
Zezbo Oct 8, 2013 @ 10:22am 
Ajantis has better stats, though you won't run into him until a bit later in the game and lawful good which makes him difficult to use sometimes depending on who's with you, or Shar-Teel is also a good choice for a fighter if you don't mind her evil alignment. Hmmm, Shar-Teel, Viconia, Edwin and Dorn-Il Kahn would make for a solid evil team.
Biskwik Oct 8, 2013 @ 10:33am 
I use him as a squirrle.. I'll expand..

I'm New to the game, but am familiar with AD&D rules from playing table top in the 80's so I get it.. It's a great game as there are so many ways to look at it..

I by-passed Xzar and Montaron In the beginning as Xzar was chaotic evil while Imoen and myself neutral good.. Not knowing what Kalid and Jaheira's allignments where, and what to expect, I figured a chaotic evil character might be more of a hassle then it was worth..

When I got to to the Friendly Arm, Imoen and I ran into that nasty mage dude.. We ran and hid in the shadows around the corner. Worked great. The guards in the area killed the mage as we hid, with two loses of their own. We looted and went on to meet K & J in the Arms..

I'm a Ranger longbow specialist, Imoen is good with the shortbow, and Jaheira the sling..
Kalid is the squirrle, and I run him around like one. The badies chase him and the ranged weapons x 3 do the rest.. So far, it works great. No melee or ranged hits taken in lots of fights, quests and randoms.. Take some magic hits rarely..

I'll run him till he drops..

Last edited by Biskwik; Oct 9, 2013 @ 8:26am
GoverningLaw Oct 8, 2013 @ 11:00am 
@zezbo, thanks for those names. I'm good aligned and I remember Ajantis a pretty righteous. Lawful good is pretty annoying to manage. :) Isnt there another ranger out there?

@Biskwik, When i first read it I thought you meant squire, but realized it was squirrel lol! That's basically it for him other than an average archer. I do have to run him around alot out of neccessity.
Talana Oct 8, 2013 @ 12:30pm 
Originally posted by historiainferro:
Originally posted by Talana:
I don`t use him. I did during my first runthrough - but no more ! I want Jaheira, though, so I go to a remote map , and send Khalid alone into a hut. Then I leave the map, and never come back ;)

GASP!

Originally posted by GoverningLaw:
So instead of getting him killed (on purpose) I can just abandon him on a map? Jaheira wont mind? I guess I'll have to keep him around until someone better comes along. I dont remember many good aligned fighter to choose from. It's been quite a while since I played this game...

Hey, think about it as Khalid on vacation, fishing and being one with nature ! I am sure he is much happier this way - after all, he seems to hate fighting ;) He and Jaheira will unite again when she has finished working with you - and everyone is happy
Last edited by Talana; Oct 8, 2013 @ 12:31pm
GoverningLaw Oct 8, 2013 @ 12:34pm 
Until Jon Irenucus get a hold of him, lol. I will send him on vacation instead of sacraficing him as I did with Xzar. :)
Biskwik Oct 8, 2013 @ 1:03pm 
Originally posted by GoverningLaw:
Biskwik, When i first read it I thought you meant squire, but realized it was squirrel lol! That's basically it for him other than an average archer. I do have to run him around alot out of neccessity.

He he.. I just wish I knew how to mod his voice.. I would give him all The Three Stooges sounds..
Whoo whoo whoo whoo, knuck knuck knuck.. Hey Mo! :)

Last edited by Biskwik; Oct 8, 2013 @ 1:22pm
GoverningLaw Oct 8, 2013 @ 1:11pm 
^ lol!
Siight Oct 8, 2013 @ 2:05pm 
Originally posted by GoverningLaw:
@zezbo, thanks for those names. I'm good aligned and I remember Ajantis a pretty righteous. Lawful good is pretty annoying to manage. :) Isnt there another ranger out there?

@Biskwik, When i first read it I thought you meant squire, but realized it was squirrel lol! That's basically it for him other than an average archer. I do have to run him around alot out of neccessity.

Ajantis...Ranger? no...Ajantis and Khalid are your tanks...Khalid being pretty poor until you get the strength gloves for him...not to mention his whiny personality and weak morale makes him an extremly crappy tank. Ajantis on the other hand is kinda also crappy until you get to Gnoll Stronghold (for the dex item)...but thankfully not really anything difficult till you get there.

You can get Ajantis pretty much when you get Khalid...just go north from the inn where you could but shouldn't pick up Khalid. ;)

If you want a ranger...grab Minsc or Kivan. I basically like using Kivan because he has 18 for dex...best for ranger...and then giving dex gloves/wrist to Ajantis to make him best good aligned tank in game. That will give Ajantis 18 dex plus his already 17 str.
GoverningLaw Oct 8, 2013 @ 9:40pm 
I'm rolling with Kivan. How can I pass on a revenge quest! Khalid retired to a small house north of High Hedge. :)
Rimbo Oct 8, 2013 @ 11:08pm 
There are better fighters in the game but I've kept him and built him up to where he's a solid and deadly two-hander killer. Just wish he had slightly higher strength at the start of the game. I find I'm constantly having to save Jaheria rather than Khalid.
Talana Oct 9, 2013 @ 12:10am 
I choose Ajantis as my tank, and then Coran as my second fighter . He is the best archer in the game - with 20 in dex ! And he is a great thief ! The only minus being that he is not a character to bring with me to BG II . ( I play Dtagon Disiple, and have Imoen as my trapfinder and mage, then Jaheira and Branwen ).
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2013 @ 9:08am
Posts: 42