Is it just me, or is the Enhanced Edition extremely buggy. I've completed the original edition over 14 times (please don't laugh, this game is that good), yet I've never experienced a single bug. With the Enhanced Edition, I'm facing numerous game breaking bugs every half hour. Without the CLUA Console for debugging, the game is virtually unplayable. After finishing the Candlekeep Catacombs, you can no longer advance the game using any method, including the CLUA Console.
Beamdog has done an extremely poor job of bringing Baldur's Gate to the new engine, and it's absolutely shameless of them to charge people money for introducing dozens of new game breaking bugs into the game. Do not purchase the Beamdog verison. Do NOT
purchase the Beamdog version.
You can purchase a working copy of Baldur's Gate from Good Old Games (GOG[www.gog.com]
), and enable widescreen using the Gibberlings 3 Widescreen Mod (Gibberlings 3[www.gibberlings3.net]
• Can't enter Cloakwood or Cloakwood Mines (Ch. 4)
• Can't enter Baldur's Gate (Ch. 5)
• Can't enter Candlekeep (Ch. 6)
• Can't enter Ulgoth's Beard (TOTSC expansion)
• Can't use switch on engine in Durlag's Tower (Basement 2)
• Can't enter Durlag's Tower (Basement 3)
• Can't give History of the Nether Scrolls to Keeper of the Portal (Ch. 6)
• Half of completed quests not triggered as completed in Journal
• Map scrolling occassionally becomes disabled
• Character sprite disappears when entangled from Web